Author Topic: Europe change predictions  (Read 1551 times)

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
Europe change predictions
« on: August 24, 2018, 03:44:46 AM »
One week to go! What do you think will change?

Me: The first set will be exactly the same, with red flag day added into.  They’ll keep elevation and vertigo. I think acrobat may get rotated with Showman. Staring at the sun will get replaced. They’ll add in Stay or Summer of Love acoustic, or do both. Maybe even Ordinary Love will come back. IBest thing will still be acoustic. American Soul will stay but lead into Get Out.

Maybe they’ll even do Zoo Station and bring back Wild Horses for Berlin!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:46:59 AM by 64ac30 »

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: Europe change predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »
I predict the only change will be either Red Flag Day gets a permenant spot, or Summer of Love gets put in somewhere. And that's the only change.

Perhaps the opening night has some little surprise - maybe The Showman - but only once and then it's gone.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 11:56:47 AM »
Summer of Love is the new single according to a recent U2.com members email so I'd say it's safe that will be added to the setlist.

I think American Soul will be out (Europe doesn't seem the place for it to be played as much as I like it) and replaced by Red Flag Day or The Showman.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
SOL being a single is news to me, and I've thought all along it had single cred and radio play potential.

I would have released it as a single back in May though - you know, so it can be a summer song.

I hope it does well. If I'm right about its potential it could stir up new momentum.

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SOL being a single is news to me, and I've thought all along it had single cred and radio play potential.

I would have released it as a single back in May though - you know, so it can be a summer song.

I hope it does well. If I'm right about its potential it could stir up new momentum.

If only it was released in the summer...

Offline Chip

• Numb
  • "Hey, I've been waiting to get home a long time"
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »
While I originally expected it to be an earlier single, it now kind of makes sense that they would release SOL around the start of the European tour. It seems to me that it has more of a European than an American vibe. I agree that it's a good bet that it will be regularly in the set list, at least for starters. Otherwise, I expect "American Soul" to be removed, with "Red Flag Day" taking its place thematically (if not in the same set list spot). I think "Staring at the Sun" will stay in because it in some ways has more emotional relevance and resonance overseas than in America. One interesting possibility is the addition of "Your Blue Room," since U2's Facebook account about a month ago posted a picture of E&I with that caption (although the picture showed the stage totally in blue and clearly came from a prior concert, so the caption could have just been a commentary on the lighting -- but clearly many Facebook users thought this was a sign the song was being added for Europe).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:29:03 PM by Chip »

Offline opening night

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 03:27:20 AM »
No, no, no.

Summer Of Love will move into the set. Edge and Bono have said that and it's their current single. It will probably replace Staring At The Sun (which would be disappointing). There is a slight chance they drop Best Thing instead but that's unlikely. American Soul, GOOYOW, Acrobat are all major parts of the show.

Red Flag Day will show up too, maybe every second nite in the first part.     

Offline beppetorino

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
It seems likely that SOL and flag will be in the setlist, maybe replacing American Soul and who knows... (staring? gloria?)

Acrobat should stay always, is the pearl long expected.

No way to hear horses, zoo station or other songs

The guys are still off, so don't expect a revolution

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 11:49:48 AM »
I feel like they haven't rehearsed enough for major changes

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »
So they’re planning to wave the European Flag around.

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »
I don't foresee any real changes.  They have a couple slots in the set early on where they rotate songs which I'd imagine they will continue to do.  Other than that, same show.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
Anyone know what time Friday's show is supposed to start? Not sure if I can listen in that early in the day but I will probably try.

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 09:04:40 PM »
Anyone know what time Friday's show is supposed to start? Not sure if I can listen in that early in the day but I will probably try.

Europe shows usually happened around noon US time.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 05:35:37 AM »

Europe shows usually happened around noon US time.

I'm not sure I live in the same US time you do, in fact I'm sure I don't since noon is reallllly early.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »
No rehearsals for this leg of the tour?