Author Topic: Europe change predictions  (Read 1818 times)

Offline rager1969

• Babyface
Re: Europe change predictions
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So theyíre planning to wave the European Flag around.

Yeah, what happened to "there is but one flag, the white flag"?

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 03:09:30 PM »
Im guessing the shows will start around 8 or 830

Online laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
Im guessing the shows will start around 8 or 830

Thanks, will try to listen in. Wasn't sure if start times in Europe might be a little different 

Offline MrsZoo

• Wanderer
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
I think that highlighting the EU flag in the Europe shows will be extremely powerful in the current political climate of Brexit. Itís very brave of U2 to zone in on such a divisive issue at such a crucial time. However Iím not surprised in the least that U2 are doing this. Promoting the EU idea chimes very well with U2ís message of unity but celebration of difference (the lyrics to One for example). Iím English and as a Remain voter in England, Iím sooooo excited about what U2 will do at the London shows regarding Brexit with Britain crashing out of the EU and the implications this has for the border between non-EU Northern Ireland and EU-Ireland.

I love Bonoís article on this yesterday:

Empfehlenswerter Beitrag von FAZ.NET:
Europe is a thought that needs to become a feeling

Mehr zum Thema unter You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginGEPC=s5

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 05:02:55 AM »
In the US leg of the tour everything from Staring At The Sun through till City of Blinding Lights was all about America.

Wouldnít make much sense to do all that in Europe.

All the EU flag stuff...reminds of Zoo Station when the star ⭐️ falls off....at the intro. That would be cool to see again. Personally, Iíd go Achtung Baby/Zooropa/POP for that segment.

Still think Ultra-Violet is born to be played in arenas...imagine the City Of Blinding Lights lighting effects on that to finish the main set. Magic!

Online laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 06:27:30 AM »
I think visuals will be reworked for Europe. SATS isn't specifically about America, so visuals get adjusted for Europe. GOOYOW does have American references but it will probably stay. They don't have to erase all references to America in Europe. They've played Bullet all this time in Europe. AS is obviously 1000% America. They may leave it, they may not.

The thing is, the message for Europe is pretty much the same.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 09:38:00 AM »
They'll do the usual....rehearse some teasers....Drowning Man, Tomorrow, 11 O'clock Tic Toc, A Celebration, Stories For Boys, Like A Song..., The Unforgettable Fire, Wire, 40 ....then same USA set for shows. Same speeches before songs, a few words changes for European cities but the same Bono speech. Good for one night only. A HUGE **YAWN** for multiple nights.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 02:28:07 PM »
A new introduction...Ö(yes, this means that the MRI images MAY be scorched for this leg)Ö...can't say any more.

Though it could be the blue flag, or that may be later.

Offline Boba Fett

• Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »
A new introduction...Ö(yes, this means that the MRI images MAY be scorched for this leg)Ö...can't say any more.

Though it could be the blue flag, or that may be later.
I've always thought Zooropa would make a good show opener...

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »
Well, U2's official Twitter just quoted Zooropa along with a black and white image of the EU flag in advance of the Berlin show, so maybe Zooropa is back?

Offline mmcallahan

• Babyface
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »
I know it makes sense to leave out American Soul from the EU shows but I LOVED seeing it live - one of the best concert songs in a while (forget the politics - just a great live song).   I'm so happy to see they've rehearsed Even Better Than The Real thing - one of my favorite songs ever.    Would love to hear them do Zoo Station too...    Only European tickets I have is for Dublin #3 & #4 - hoping they'll do something special for the Dublin shows! 

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »
I don't foresee any real changes.  They have a couple slots in the set early on where they rotate songs which I'd imagine they will continue to do.  Other than that, same show.

As predicted, looking at the Berlin set list, no meaningful changes to the show.

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2018, 03:54:48 PM »
 Before the show I also had my doubts about the setlist but expieriencing it live was great.
Great transitions and the set really flows, even gor U2 standards.

Online laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
Damn, I couldn't listen in. What references to Europe were made? Visuals? Any references to America at all or totally dropped? Did Summer of Love sound any good? Did they play Red Flag Day?

Offline MrsZoo

• Wanderer
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2018, 05:34:40 PM »
Iíve only seen a couple of Periscope clips... hoping to see more footage soon. Thereís new more political footage for the show opener, with MRI images. Someone said on Periscope that there was no Love Is All We Have Left!! Havenít seen a full set list yet though.