Author Topic: Berlin 2 cancelled  (Read 4182 times)

Offline ElectricalVoice

• Stateless
Berlin 2 cancelled
« on: September 01, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »
U2 cancelled the show after 3 songs. Really worried about Bono. Sitting in the arena now, watching people leaving. Anyone know anything?

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
Re: Berlin 2 cancelled
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
Horrible news and gutted for you all. The tweets are saying it was likely down to smoky conditions in the venue. I haven't seen any video yet but were there effects which went a bit out of control?

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
He just lost his voice. He said he thinks it mightíve have been too much smoke machine inhaling, but we donít know for sure

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »
So much drama. Like St L last year. Glad for fans and U2 they at least had a successful leg opener on Friday.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 03:12:54 PM »
Gutted for everyone in Berlin tonight

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »
Jeez, my stomach clenched reading the OP. So sorry for folks who missed the show, but relieved to hear it might have just been smoke/vocal problems.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 03:59:41 PM »
We're so sorry for tonight's cancellation.  Bono was in great form and great voice prior to the show and we were all looking forward to the second night in Berlin, but after a few songs, he suffered a complete loss of voice.

We don't know what has happened and we're taking medical advice.

As always, we appreciate our audience's understanding and all our fans' support in Berlin and those who travelled from afar. We will update you very soon.

Adam, Larry and Edge

Offline flyguy

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 04:21:28 PM »
Trying not to read too much into this, but Iím finding the fact that the statement issued on behalf of U2 came from Adam, Larry and Edge particularly distressing.

And as speculative as this next comment may seem, I am basing it on everything we (as fans) have seen and discovered and hypothesized about as this tour got underway re: Bonoís health, the use of the MRI audio and brain scan imagery at the start of each show, the theme of death on the album, and the still-unnamed / unspecified health scare Bono underwent ...

I am fairly certain Bono had either averted an aneurysm or suffered a stroke and recovered from it, but that those who know of the situation are undoubtedly concerned about any recurrence. That would certainly explain - if this is indeed the case - the reason for the band taking such serious precautions re: getting him immediate medical attention after they left the stage tonight, because sudden vocal loss / paralysis is sometimes a symptom or warning sign of an impending stroke.  That also would explain why only three members of the band issued the statement Ė as Bono would be en route/rushed to hospital and therefore unable to contribute any thoughts on his own behalf.

Either way, itís incredibly rare for this band to do something like this and given all heís been thru thus far, Iím seriously praying for the manís well-being.

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
He looked distressed and distraught and said he didn't know what to do...we travelled from Glasgow for our tenth wedding anniversary as well...

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 05:03:38 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about the statement coming from Adam, Edge and Larry. Bono wasn't in the mood to stick around and yes was with a doctor. The others mopped up and if it had been serious, there wouldn't have been a statement so soon.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »
Reading the news on the front page, it looks like Bono tried to muscle through Beautiful Day.  If was something serious, I don't think he would of tried to sing another song.  Based on the front page report, he lost his voice, tried to get through it and said he had to leave the stage for 10-15 minutes and then 40 minutes later they made the cancellation announcement.  Hoping all is well with him, but it could of been the smoke that caused his voice to go and he just could not continue for the night.   

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »
Ok, you guys are scaring me again.

Offline Luzita

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 10:28:21 PM »
Just saw the video of this. He seemed very distressed. Take care of yourself first, Bono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MrsZoo

• Wanderer
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 03:33:37 AM »
Iím so sad about this and even sadder watching the video clips. But the crowd were amazing - singing super-loud to support Bono. Iím sure itís not related to his health scare. Iím no doctor but Bono looked well to me. I notice Sky News misreporting what happened. They quote Bono sayig: ďi need perfect conditions to sing.Ē  Iíve emailed the reporter with a correction and You Tube clip.Makes me so mad.

Offline MrsZoo

• Wanderer
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 04:04:34 AM »
Theyíve amended the article!

Shared from Sky News: U2 cancel Berlin gig after Bono loses his voice You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login