Author Topic: 2018 Fan Club Gift  (Read 1109 times)

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
2018 Fan Club Gift
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »
Has anyone received the U2 3D Dance Remixes vinyl subscription gift?  I recall an e-mail a month or so ago that they would be shipping soon, but nothing since.

I'm more curious than anything.  The last few fan club gifts haven't been that great in my opinion.  Hopefully they'll come up with someone good on the next go round.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
Re: 2018 Fan Club Gift
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 03:34:05 PM »
We only got the 2017 one last month.  So I don't expect 2018's this year!

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:55:20 AM »
I downloaded the tracks what seems like an age ago now and have 'em on my iPod. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about the record ... no doubt it'll turn up in November or later.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:37:41 PM »
Funny, I read this thread this afternoon and this evening I received a shipping notice from u2.com and UPS that my 2018 gift was just sent. 

I honestly forgot about it too, but looking forward to the addition to my collection.

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:40 AM »
Yeah I got my shipping notification yesterday.  Its funny too because they shipped it to my old address despite having updated it with them 8 months ago.

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »
Holding it in my hand.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »
Wow, i didn't think they'd be sent out until summer 2019.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »
Got my UPS notification today.

Offline daveyg

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 12:01:26 AM »
Still waiting on 2017's gift

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »
I'm done with the gift club subscriptions.  A bit disillusioned with the band these days since they've decided to turn their concerts into a political rally for the EU.  Not what i signed up for.
I really enjoyed some of the past subscription gifts, but i also think i'm done paying money to just collect anything pertaining to the band.  Will probably be more selective going forward.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 05:41:55 PM »
I received mine today.  Another vinyl release for a fan without a turntable.  I don't even open them although I'm curious as to what it looks like inside.  Anyone want to post pics of the recent vinyl releases?

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 12:30:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I received mine today.  Another vinyl release for a fan without a turntable.  I don't even open them although I'm curious as to what it looks like inside.  Anyone want to post pics of the recent vinyl releases?
They’re not even new releases! Who are these gifts aimed at? Surely not a U2 fan! Why not a decent concert selection or some rare b-sides live?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »

Check u2song in a couple of days

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 09:10:22 AM »
They’re not even new releases! Who are these gifts aimed at? Surely not a U2 fan! Why not a decent concert selection or some rare b-sides live?

Ha!  Good point...they were just tied to JT2017 tour...sort of. 

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 06:39:49 AM »
I finally got mine yesterday after a frustrating go with Live Nation and U2.com.  I moved 8 months ago and changed my address with both at that time.  When they sent my Fan Club gift, they sent it to my old address.  I contacted Live Nation who told me they don't handle fan club subscriptions even though they were the ones who shipped it.  When I contacted U2.com support, the address they said they had was my current one.

Consequently, I received a notice in my mailbox Saturday that there was a package for me at the local post office from Live Nation but that postage was due on it.  It turns out Live Nation sent it to my old address but the post office automatically forwarded it to my new address.  The catch being that I had to pay for the cost of forwarding it in addition to waiting 30 minutes at the local post office.

The whole relationship between Live Nation and U2.com is frustrating and I intend on sending a well written complaint.  When Live Nation told me they don't handle fan club subscriptions, my response was how they can ship something but then claim no responsibility for its destination.  No reply was ever provided. 

In some ways, all's well that ends well, but this third time I've had merchandise issues and it's getting a little old.