Author Topic: Ticketmaster Scalping Us  (Read 936 times)

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Ticketmaster Scalping Us
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2 speak against TM? U2 just signed another 10 year contract with Livenation. They could’ve spoken up for those $350 seats this tour. But the truth is u2 doesn’t give a s**t. Then the fans complain to Guy O Seary and his response is basically “sorry if you couldn’t get tickets but try again if we announce more dates”

You say they signed another contract as if you know that for a fact. Can you link us to where you saw that?

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 12:16:20 AM »
U2 speak against TM? U2 just signed another 10 year contract with Livenation. They could’ve spoken up for those $350 seats this tour. But the truth is u2 doesn’t give a s**t. Then the fans complain to Guy O Seary and his response is basically “sorry if you couldn’t get tickets but try again if we announce more dates”

You say they signed another contract as if you know that for a fact. Can you link us to where you saw that?

Atu2 reported it a couple of months ago.

Online dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »

I thought I read/heard about this 10 year contract too (maybe here) but then recently, I couldn't find any news stories about it.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
This will never be stopped its all a scam they all work hand in hand with each other have done for a long time TM blocked tixs for Ed Sheeran gigs then made people buy them back @ the Stadium so they got paid  twice there will always be a demand its just something which i cant see them stopping

Online dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »
This will never be stopped its all a scam they all work hand in hand with each other have done for a long time TM blocked tixs for Ed Sheeran gigs then made people buy them back @ the Stadium so they got paid  twice there will always be a demand its just something which i cant see them stopping

Which is why they need to be heavily regulated or have the monopoly broken up.  Which governments are willing to do this?  Not the U.S.  Canada? 

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 07:42:09 PM »

I thought I read/heard about this 10 year contract too (maybe here) but then recently, I couldn't find any news stories about it.
Yes, I also thought I read/heard something like that, but as a rumor not confirmed news. But now I can’t find it, which makes me think the article was taken down. So it was probably false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 06:05:51 AM »
Ive actually had some good deals from Viagogo brought & sold on there in 2015 got £180 U2 tixs for £135 im not against these sites i just think they should be capped BUT people are paying £700+ for U2 shows same as Ed Sheeran The Stones & when The Boss was on tour when ACDC with BJ did Vegas i seen 2 tixs sell for £20,000 people are willing too pay these prices tho

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 06:09:21 PM »
Artists don't care. Only Pearl Jam and Sheeran have tried to do anything about it.

Bands are in the pockets of promoters and promoters in the pockets of venues and ticket sellers.

Follow the money.

Bands are complicit.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
Would love to see U2 and other artists speak out about this.

The only consistent vocally anti-TM band I know of are Pearl Jam. U2 are so tied up with Live Nation, you'll get a muted shrug of shoulders off the band regardless of their personal opinion on the issue, I'd imagine.
Correct

I'm always amused when people bring up Pearl Jam in their anti-Ticketmaster rants, because it shows just how out of touch they are on the subject. PJ has had Live Nation as their tour promoter for awhile and even used Ticketmaster's verified fan process for the sales on their current tour.
But they WERE vocal against TM weren't they? No other artist has been. That was the point. Not being current on the issue, which I am, inceditially. But that's is sidetracking the issue if U2 ever will.

They won't

But they were vocal over 20 years ago! Once they learned the business side of the music industry and realized touring is where the money actually is, they went to Ticketmaster and Live Nation for tour and ticketing management help. If someone is still going to keep their stance of being anti-Ticketmaster, then Pearl Jam really should no longer be the heroes they look up to. PJ moved on from that stance a long time ago and you are correct that those hoping for U2 to take it up will never see it happen.
The trouble is Live Nation has the touring business so sewed up it’s impossible for any big act to tour without them. Or next to impossible. If anyone could do it it’s probably U2 (once their current contract is up) but I think even U2 wouldn’t be able to tour on the same scale they do now. Would either U2 or the fans want that?

Seems to me Live Nation is a monopoly and should be regulated as such.

Rolling Stones managed well enought without Live Nation. At least, i think they did

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Would love to see U2 and other artists speak out about this.

The only consistent vocally anti-TM band I know of are Pearl Jam. U2 are so tied up with Live Nation, you'll get a muted shrug of shoulders off the band regardless of their personal opinion on the issue, I'd imagine.
Correct

I'm always amused when people bring up Pearl Jam in their anti-Ticketmaster rants, because it shows just how out of touch they are on the subject. PJ has had Live Nation as their tour promoter for awhile and even used Ticketmaster's verified fan process for the sales on their current tour.
But they WERE vocal against TM weren't they? No other artist has been. That was the point. Not being current on the issue, which I am, inceditially. But that's is sidetracking the issue if U2 ever will.

They won't

But they were vocal over 20 years ago! Once they learned the business side of the music industry and realized touring is where the money actually is, they went to Ticketmaster and Live Nation for tour and ticketing management help. If someone is still going to keep their stance of being anti-Ticketmaster, then Pearl Jam really should no longer be the heroes they look up to. PJ moved on from that stance a long time ago and you are correct that those hoping for U2 to take it up will never see it happen.
The trouble is Live Nation has the touring business so sewed up it’s impossible for any big act to tour without them. Or next to impossible. If anyone could do it it’s probably U2 (once their current contract is up) but I think even U2 wouldn’t be able to tour on the same scale they do now. Would either U2 or the fans want that?

Seems to me Live Nation is a monopoly and should be regulated as such.

Rolling Stones managed well enought without Live Nation. At least, i think they did

I did a little googling on this and you're right, apparently the Rolling Stones work with AEG Concerts West. So I guess Live Nation isn't as big a monopoly as I thought.

Now, I don't know what AEG's practices are like compared to Live Nation. I don't know if they're any better.