Poll

Does he mean there's a U2 album on the go anytime soon?  

Yes
15 (15.3%)
No
83 (84.7%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: "I assume there値l be another album" Larry Mullen says  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: "I assume there値l be another album" Larry Mullen says
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2018, 10:14:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Isn稚 a song that was rejected from being on an album the literal definition of a 途eject?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its not a rejection as in the song is poor etc. It had more to do with U2 being concerned about how the songs mixed with the others on the album. Still, Brian Eno says they were crazy not to have Winter on No Line On The Horizon.

Winter and Mercy, two of U2's greatest songs so far without a home. I think that home is going to be Songs Of Ascent.

Both of them already have a home on a CD, my hard drive, and my phone.  Being released again on a new album will add absolutely nothing for me.  But I get that it is somehow important for you and that痴 fine.  I wish you luck in that dream coming true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have the final versions of these songs mixed in with the other songs on Songs Of Ascent. If you are still an album listener, as opposed to just listening to individual songs, where those songs are placed on an album and which songs they come after and before can change the experience of listening to them.
I can create any album experience I want.  I just create a playlist.  The wonders of modern technology!

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2018, 02:08:51 PM »
Isn稚 a song that was rejected from being on an album the literal definition of a 途eject?

Its not a rejection as in the song is poor etc. It had more to do with U2 being concerned about how the songs mixed with the others on the album. Still, Brian Eno says they were crazy not to have Winter on No Line On The Horizon.

Winter and Mercy, two of U2's greatest songs so far without a home. I think that home is going to be Songs Of Ascent.

Both of them already have a home on a CD, my hard drive, and my phone.  Being released again on a new album will add absolutely nothing for me.  But I get that it is somehow important for you and that痴 fine.  I wish you luck in that dream coming true.

You don't have the final versions of these songs mixed in with the other songs on Songs Of Ascent. If you are still an album listener, as opposed to just listening to individual songs, where those songs are placed on an album and which songs they come after and before can change the experience of listening to them.
I can create any album experience I want.  I just create a playlist.  The wonders of modern technology!

Sure, but it won't be U2's next album or Songs of Ascent if its not the next album. An album by an artist is a work of art. From the songs selected for the album to the order they appear on the album. Its designed to be listened from start to finish in that order. That is something that most people born after 1980 or 1990 don't understand. Its an art that less people listen to and appreciate today partly because of the "wonders of modern technology".

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2018, 02:39:52 PM »

Sure, but it won't be U2's next album or Songs of Ascent if its not the next album. An album by an artist is a work of art. From the songs selected for the album to the order they appear on the album. Its designed to be listened from start to finish in that order. That is something that most people born after 1980 or 1990 don't understand. Its an art that less people listen to and appreciate today partly because of the "wonders of modern technology".
I was born before 1980 and I am well aware of the concept of 鍍he album as a total work of art.  I don稚 see either of these tracks being shoehorned onto an album of new songs as contributing to that ethos.  Again, I get that you have a different opinion and I hope you get what you want.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »

I don稚 see either of these tracks being shoehorned onto an album of new songs as contributing to that ethos. 

Damn, if you feel that strongly about it, you must hate those songs. My thinking is that any album Winter and Mercy are apart of in the future would be apart of a collection of songs that would have a somewhat similar style and feel.

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2018, 04:18:38 PM »

I don稚 see either of these tracks being shoehorned onto an album of new songs as contributing to that ethos. 

Damn, if you feel that strongly about it, you must hate those songs. My thinking is that any album Winter and Mercy are apart of in the future would be apart of a collection of songs that would have a somewhat similar style and feel.
I don稚 understand your logic but this really doesn稚 matter so I知 out.