Author Topic: Denmark suprises!  (Read 1083 times)

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
Denmark suprises!
« on: September 30, 2018, 01:01:03 PM »
Hooray, they just did Unforgettavle fire and Stay. And even more surprising that it was during the first set.

1. blackout
2. Lights of home
3. I will follow
4.gloria
5. Beautiful day
6. Unforgettable fire
7. Stay (FULL BAND)
8. WILD HORSES
INTERMISSION
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:11:24 PM by 64ac30 »

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
Re: Denmark suprises!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:05:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hooray, they just did Unforgettavle fire and Stay. And even more surprising that it was during the first set.

1. blackout
2. Lights of home
3. I will follow
4.gloria
5. Beautiful day
6. Unforgettable fire
7. Stay (FULL BAND)

HOLY CRAP! WILD HORSES. AND THEYRE INSIDE THE SCREEN

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »
And end of the suprises. Well, that would’ve been the perfect oppurtunity to try out Landlady. Oh well

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »
Wow, I'll be checking out YT!

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 03:58:32 PM »
I thought this show was such a masterpiece that the setlist could not be shaken up.   ::)

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »
Touche!

Online Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »
I’m jealous!  That’s awesome though.  Glad they are making some adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »
Not one song from the 'Songs of Innocence' album at this show...  About time that they realized the set sagged during this stretch...:-)

Online Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
Not one song from the 'Songs of Innocence' album at this show...  About time that they realized the set sagged during this stretch...:-)

Wow...wish I could go to a show on this leg.

Offline BarneyRubble

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
The press in Denmark universally slated the first concert in Copenhagen on Saturday calling the band boring and irrelevant. The band obviously read the press and dropped the entire Innocence section of the show. A city that had neither Innocence nor JT, struggled to make sense of this show, it seems.

Online Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
The press in Denmark universally slated the first concert in Copenhagen on Saturday calling the band boring and irrelevant. The band obviously read the press and dropped the entire Innocence section of the show. A city that had neither Innocence nor JT, struggled to make sense of this show, it seems.

Or maybe the innocence part is just boring.  IMHO, this is a problem when your art is too direct and explicitly about “you”.  You can write about your own personal experiences but the more specific you are the harder it is for your audience to relate.  This is why memoirs are better left for books.  If you are going to write about something so specific and contextual as your life story you need more space to explain it and make it engaging.  A book is also more appropriate for a narrow audience.  Pop music should be easily digestible and relatable to a mass audience.  Wrong art form for the subject content.

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »
What, no Iris and Cedarwood Road? I loved that part! Of course I didn’t see I&E except on video.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 07:59:58 PM »

Or maybe the innocence part is just boring.  IMHO, this is a problem when your art is too direct and explicitly about “you”.  You can write about your own personal experiences but the more specific you are the harder it is for your audience to relate.  This is why memoirs are better left for books.  If you are going to write about something so specific and contextual as your life story you need more space to explain it and make it engaging.
They were certainly "so specific" about their own lives, especially with some of the titles...  'Iris' isn't a song that makes too many think about their own mothers upon listening...  no, they think of Bono's Mom and see pictures of her on the big screen for added posterity...  'Cedarwood Road' may be a special place to those within the group, but outside that it rings a little hollow...  It doesn't help that musically & lyrically 'Songs of Innocence' just doesn't measure up to U2's usual high standard, with the exception of the first two songs on the album, which aren't even a part of this show...

Take The Beatles' 'In My Life', for example...  John Lennon is reminiscing about his own life but writes it in such a way that whoever is singing, or listening to it, can relate it to their very own memoirs...  That's why a song like that has stood the test of time over 50 years later and performances of 'Raised By Wolves' etc. can't even make the creator's setlist only a few years after its release...  Big Mistake reprising the 'Innocence' part of this tour when it never really took the world by storm the first time around...:-) 

Online Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 10:03:25 PM »

Or maybe the innocence part is just boring.  IMHO, this is a problem when your art is too direct and explicitly about “you”.  You can write about your own personal experiences but the more specific you are the harder it is for your audience to relate.  This is why memoirs are better left for books.  If you are going to write about something so specific and contextual as your life story you need more space to explain it and make it engaging.
They were certainly "so specific" about their own lives, especially with some of the titles...  'Iris' isn't a song that makes too many think about their own mothers upon listening...  no, they think of Bono's Mom and see pictures of her on the big screen for added posterity...  'Cedarwood Road' may be a special place to those within the group, but outside that it rings a little hollow...  It doesn't help that musically & lyrically 'Songs of Innocence' just doesn't measure up to U2's usual high standard, with the exception of the first two songs on the album, which aren't even a part of this show...

Take The Beatles' 'In My Life', for example...  John Lennon is reminiscing about his own life but writes it in such a way that whoever is singing, or listening to it, can relate it to their very own memoirs...  That's why a song like that has stood the test of time over 50 years later and performances of 'Raised By Wolves' etc. can't even make the creator's setlist only a few years after its release...  Big Mistake reprising the 'Innocence' part of this tour when it never really took the world by storm the first time around...:-)

Yes.  And its why I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Streets, and With or Without you are still around.  As well as many other songs from when Bono was in more of what I consider a proper songwriting mode.

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 09:25:38 PM »

I could not agree more with this - absolutely spot on. Another reason the iTunes stunt was so embarrassing was the overly personal lyrics.