Author Topic: Denmark suprises!  (Read 970 times)

Offline achtungbhoy

• Babyface
Re: Denmark suprises!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 03:26:42 AM »
Yeah, I think the middle section was always a bit clunky and was more "U2 the Musical" than...well...a rock show.

It seemed strange that they largely stuck with it for this tour and it left them open to accusations of ripping the fans off a little in that anyone who saw the I&E tour had pretty much seen that bit.

Perhaps it was a case of the technology leading the music to a degree - they had the interactive screen, the Cedarwood Road bit was admittedly visually impressive in the way they used and maybe they felt compelled to continue with it. A case of great presentation not matched by great music (just...good).

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
Re: Denmark suprises!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 11:53:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, I think the middle section was always a bit clunky and was more "U2 the Musical" than...well...a rock show.

It seemed strange that they largely stuck with it for this tour and it left them open to accusations of ripping the fans off a little in that anyone who saw the I&E tour had pretty much seen that bit.

Perhaps it was a case of the technology leading the music to a degree - they had the interactive screen, the Cedarwood Road bit was admittedly visually impressive in the way they used and maybe they felt compelled to continue with it. A case of great presentation not matched by great music (just...good).

I think it was more about giving fans who didn’t see it on IE the chance to see it. But the band ended up visiting the same cities that IE visited anyways.