Author Topic: Hey! Any advice on autograph hunting please?  (Read 160 times)

Offline JSP94

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hey! Any advice on autograph hunting please?
« on: October 02, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My dad's birthday is coming up this winter and as a big gesture, I want to try my best to get him something signed from U2 / Bono / any of the band.

Firstly, I know this will most likely never happen. After looking online and seeing so many posts about most signatures you can buy online being fake, or the real ones being over 1,000, my only options are:

Buy online - Could anyone suggest any trustful websites or sellers of signed U2 Memorabilia? Any tips for buying signed memorabilia?

(Here comes the most pathetic option / stalker-ish) - So U2 are in London later this month - the only date I could go to London is October 23rd, only way to get something signed by them in person, would be finding out where they are staying hotel wise and just wait outside, hoping I bump into them. Is there an artist entrance that the public can get close to at the O2?

I know that is an incredibly stupid option and would probably result in nothing, but if it did happen, It would be great to make my dad extremely happy as he loves U2.

So does anyone have any advice, past experiences of autograph hunting, or any advice on where I can start looking for information on where to find them? I can imagine it's all secretive as they don't want fans outside of the hotel. Surely it's got to be close to the O2 arena?

Any advice you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)