Author Topic: Is U2 overloading AB material because they won’t do a ZOOTV-2 tour?  (Read 825 times)

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
They’re starting to get really heavy on the 90s material. Stay, wild horses, Acrobat, zoo station, one, even better. And just today, they rehearsed The Fly for tonight’s show. Last year on TJT 2017, they gave us Ultraviolet and occasionally mysterious ways. Are they giving us the AB songs now because they know they don’t want an achtung tour? I think so

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Is U2 overloading AB material because they won’t do a ZOOTV-2 tour?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 01:02:49 PM »
They know the fans like changes so thats what they doing its got everyone buzzìng wait & see what goes on tonight i guess

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 03:43:16 PM »
They loaded sets for 30 years with JT material and that didn't stop them from doing a JT tour. 'Sides, it's three years away.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:32:42 AM »
IMO they usually lean too hard on Achtung Baby.  Great album for sure, and the songs are great live.  But I really wish they’d throw in something from POP.

I don’t know if I see this ZOO 2 tour happening.  I think they might be encouraged to do it when the time comes because of the potential earning power.  One thing I do know is that come 2021, a Zoo TV/AB 30 Tour will sell more tickets than if U2 just released another album and toured arenas again.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
Am I the only one sad to see SOI completely gone from the setlist?

Offline Tortuga

• Refugee
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 10:10:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
No
It would have made a 'good reflection', but I totally understand that we are at the stage now where they are tired and want to have fun. 
I was looking forward to Iris and Cedarwood Road again
But it looks like I might be getting WGRYWH, SATS and maybe EBTTRT which is a bonus.  I'd prefer Red Flag Day over Gloria because I really want to hear RFD live and they played Gloria at the show I was at in 2015.
Actually I'd be a pretty gutted if I didn't get RFD because I don't know when I will hear it live (if they play it again) and it sounds really great live.
I think LIBTAIIW is better live?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 12:17:03 PM »
There's a part of me that thinks if they had really planned this out from the beginning, they could have done a SOI/80's tour and a SOE/90's tour.  Thematically, grouping the 80's to SOI and the 90's to SOE makes a lot of sense.  And while I really did enjoy the "innocence" part of the SOI tour, and I understood why it was being repeated in the E+I tour, it would have been nice to NOT repeat that part exactly--it did kind of seem like watching a rerun or something.

Anyway.  I loved the show I saw in Paris, but it's hard not to be a little jealous of those fans getting to see Stay, UF, Zoo Station, and Horses.  I'd have gladly dropped a lot of the songs for those instead.  Ah well!

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »
I think that hearing both "Red Flag Day" and "Gloria" would be awesome.  I got "Gloria" at my show and was happy with that, but would have loved to hear RFD live as well.

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 01:49:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I still carry a torch for RBW

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
And they did the Fly.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 04:38:43 PM »
The AB material is getting loaded up for Berlin. But no uteotw

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
I just attended the final Milan show, did not attend I/E (even held out with watching the DVD!).

I feel getting so much AB - and indeed Macphisto - is a good sign for a 2021 AB30 album.  Why ?

- they did JT30 and no doubt fans would love AB30 as well. We all know the band rates AB enough to do it.
- we got Acrobat. Come on ! With half of AB in Milan, add UTEOTW and MW which they can do in hibernation by now, and they only need add Tryin' to throw...Love is blindness (Edge played it acoustically on From the sky down so who says he can't re-learn the album version) and So cruel
- Zoo TV era can age much better than JT. Switch TV overload with fake news, mocking TV/stardom with mocking social media obsession/megacompanies control via internet data (FB, Google etc), mocking Bush with you -know-who and voila.
- it would fit in with the latest news about the band wanting a break next. Take 2019 and 2020 off, AB30 in 2021 and then a new album.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:28:24 AM by xy »