Poll

2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees - Who is most deserving?

Def Leppard
4 (21.1%)
Devo
0 (0%)
Janet Jackson
0 (0%)
John Prine
1 (5.3%)
Kraftwerk
6 (31.6%)
LL Cool J
0 (0%)
MC5
0 (0%)
Radiohead
4 (21.1%)
Rage Against the Machine
0 (0%)
Roxy Music
1 (5.3%)
Stevie Nicks
1 (5.3%)
Rufas and Chaka Khan
0 (0%)
The Zombies
1 (5.3%)
The Cure
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: RnR Hall of Fame Nominees - Who should get in?  (Read 342 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
RnR Hall of Fame Nominees - Who should get in?
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
I wish we could vote for all deserving instead of most....but the limits of the poll.

For me, it's Radiohead and The Cure.  Also see the value of some others, would probably not vote for Def Leppard, Devo, Janet Jackson, Rage, Rufus or the Zombies.  I don't really know enough Kraftwerk or John Prine.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
Re: RnR Hall of Fame Nominees - Who should get in?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »
Personally, I think this is the weakest group of finalists ever.

Given the massive influence each has had on contemporary music, Kraftwerk and Roxy Music should've each gotten in before the 20th century ended. Therefore, neither has any chance.

I voted Kraftwerk.

Offline kevtn43

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »
I voted for Leppard they have sold more albums and my hit songs ,i was going to say the zombies but they were a one hit wonder

Offline Albono

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:45:41 PM »
Kraftwerk should get in, and it would be a treat if Bono gives the induction speech!
Radiohead, Roxy Music, and Stevie Nicks! Epic class of 2019!

I wonder if Rage Against The Machine will perform with Zach Dela Rocha (should they get in)?

Offline may2

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:56:16 AM »
You can vote at the here also,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

My vote goes to John Prine.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 05:48:37 PM »
Personally, I think this is the weakest group of finalists ever.

Its only going to get worse here on in. Lets be honest, they are going to struggle to find nominees in about 10 yrs time. Will Likely will be delving deep into the past for acts to include. I firmly believe u2 were the last of the truly great music acts

Offline DrDoom171

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 12:02:55 PM »
I just looked up the criteria and rules for RnR HOF.  An artist is eligible 25 years after the first album release.  Top 5 artists with most votes get in each year.

Why is the Cure not in the option list?  They are on the ballot this year.

Although not my personal preference, I voted for Def Leppard because I think they deserve it the most.

Other bands that I like that definitely should be in the HOF but are not include Cure, Smiths, Depeche Mode.  I honestly can't understand why Cure and Depeche Mode are not in already.  Smiths are a bit less well known and more obscure, but Cure and Depeche Mode were hugely popular and original and I can still hear their influence in current music being made today.

There are very few 80's "new wave / alternative / post-modern / college rock" bands in the HOF.  I can only think of U2, REM, and The Cars.  There needs to be more.  Inducting The Cure this year would be a good start.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
I just looked up the criteria and rules for RnR HOF.  An artist is eligible 25 years after the first album release.  Top 5 artists with most votes get in each year.

Why is the Cure not in the option list?  They are on the ballot this year.

Although not my personal preference, I voted for Def Leppard because I think they deserve it the most.

Other bands that I like that definitely should be in the HOF but are not include Cure, Smiths, Depeche Mode.  I honestly can't understand why Cure and Depeche Mode are not in already.  Smiths are a bit less well known and more obscure, but Cure and Depeche Mode were hugely popular and original and I can still hear their influence in current music being made today.

There are very few 80's "new wave / alternative / post-modern / college rock" bands in the HOF.  I can only think of U2, REM, and The Cars.  There needs to be more.  Inducting The Cure this year would be a good start.

Just an oversight in making the poll too quickly.  I added The Cure into the options.  I am a big Cure fan as well.  Only ever saw the Disintegration Tour but that was awesome and maybe their peak.