Author Topic: Berlin 2 fan gift??  (Read 520 times)

Offline Conor74

• Wanderer
Berlin 2 fan gift??
« on: October 25, 2018, 06:02:34 AM »
Hi fan family,
I noticed on Twitter today that a fan had received a box of goodies from U2 in the post, which may (or may not) have been some kind of apology for the inconvenience of Berlin 2. I could just be imagining this, but Bono said in a media interview last week that 5,000 fans had travelled internationally (myself included) to that show which was canned after 5 songs, and the band wanted to find a way to thank those who won't get their hotel or flight costs back.

Has anyone picked up anything about a "thanks for coming and sorry about that" gift from the band?

Would be a lovely thing for them to do....

Offline daveyg

• Stateless
Re: Berlin 2 fan gift??
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:37:57 AM »
I'd imagine the "box of goodies from U2" might be either a present from someone else to a U2 fan, or the U2 subscription present (probably from 2006!! lol).

I can't imagine U2 having the 5000 addresses of whoever was at the gig, and sending 5000 presents to them. It was a pain in the behind for anyone who attended having to travel there/hotels etc. and U2 were apologetic about having to cancel, and the re-scheduled show is probably the best they can offer

Offline Kim

• Babyface
Re: Berlin 2 fan gift??
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 06:13:27 AM »
Do you have a picture or anything? I have a box with a book. But its the gift when you buy vip-tickets.