Author Topic: Belfast tonight- curtains?  (Read 849 times)

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
Belfast tonight- curtains?
« on: October 27, 2018, 03:32:34 PM »
Weíre they really not able to sell out Belfast? They have the whole section behind the stage curtained off. It looks bad

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Belfast tonight- curtains?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »
Its the smallest Arena on the EU run i believe i did look on TM about 7pm there was still lots of £185 tixs listed

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 04:12:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Weíre they really not able to sell out Belfast? They have the whole section behind the stage curtained off. It looks bad

Are you there? I hope that's not the case. Maybe there was something wrong with the rear stage seating or they just decided not to use it. Its been listed as soldout for the longest time on U2.com.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 07:05:27 PM »
Do people in Northern Ireland have much disposable income? Maybe more people there couldn't afford or weren't prepared to fork out so much money for the obscenely high priced tickets!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 12:01:43 AM »
There isnít seating behind the stage. Itís like when they played Glasgow - the curtain is where the main stage is. Place was mobbed.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 04:05:31 AM »
Looooooodas of £75 seated tixs on TM right now

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 07:16:27 AM »
Do people in Northern Ireland have much disposable income? Maybe more people there couldn't afford or weren't prepared to fork out so much money for the obscenely high priced tickets!

I'm no expert but my Belfast relatives have described quite an economic turnaround around the turn of the century.

Offline achtungbhoy

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:19:41 AM »
There isnít seating behind the stage. Itís like when they played Glasgow - the curtain is where the main stage is. Place was mobbed.

Correct. No seats to curtain off in the first place. Packed house as far as I could see on Saturday anyway and crowd were great.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 05:40:27 AM »
Just looked up a picture on google images... man I cannot believe how SMALL that arena is!  Then I see that in 2015 they had less than 10,000 there each night!  Still, the smallest crowd on this tour will be Uncasville, CT. 

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 05:49:10 AM »
No seating behind the stage.
Was there last night and it was packed

Offline darrenmccaul

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 08:11:22 AM »
I was at the first show in Belfast and it was brilliant. This was the tenth time i have seen them and only Slane castle and Popmart were better than this. It felt different to the Innocence tour a few years ago even though the stage setup was exactly the same. The set was much better overall and the Achtung Baby stuff was the absolute highlight. Wild Horses in particular was absolutely brilliant. The entire first half of the set was unbelievably good and the run of songs from I will follow onwards was a dream. The biggest surprise of the show was New Years Day which sounded better than i have ever heard it. The only slight letdown for me was the acoustic version of The Best Thing About me (the full band version is better) and get out of your own way which definitely lacks a bit of punch live in the arena. The crowd responded well to the usual tracks like elevation, vertigo, Pride and Even Better than the real Thing. Overall it was a great show and i cant wait to go to Dublin to see it again.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »
I was at the first show in Belfast and it was brilliant. This was the tenth time i have seen them and only Slane castle and Popmart were better than this. It felt different to the Innocence tour a few years ago even though the stage setup was exactly the same. The set was much better overall and the Achtung Baby stuff was the absolute highlight. Wild Horses in particular was absolutely brilliant. The entire first half of the set was unbelievably good and the run of songs from I will follow onwards was a dream. The biggest surprise of the show was New Years Day which sounded better than i have ever heard it. The only slight letdown for me was the acoustic version of The Best Thing About me (the full band version is better) and get out of your own way which definitely lacks a bit of punch live in the arena. The crowd responded well to the usual tracks like elevation, vertigo, Pride and Even Better than the real Thing. Overall it was a great show and i cant wait to go to Dublin to see it again.

Agree with all your points. Horses was absolutely fantastic. Only downside of the night was the way out of tune fan behind us who insisted on trying to sing every song louder than Bono. Donít even know how he heard anything himself. But thatís life I suppose.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Both shows in this little arena had more energy than London 2 for me. Great crowds!