Author Topic: SPOILER- rehearsal  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: SPOILER- rehearsal
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 06:11:12 AM »
Edge sounds great.  They should increase his vocal role.  It would be a great way to stir things up and give U2 a fresh sound with it still being pure U2. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
I love dirty day. They could smash a great version out of the park if they did something closer to the zoo tv version, even with Dave Evans heavy in the vocals. But all that narration from bono kills it for me, just gets in the way of enjoying the tune.

To me it's no different from a dj talking over your favourite parts of a song on the radio, it grates. I know it's only a rehearsal but you can see where they're going with it. Also, the more processed lo-fi guitar sounds on the record are exactly what I used to love about edge. Playing around with more adventurous sounds.This version loses that in favour of a non distinctive, cleaner rock guitar.

A missed opportunity if they go ahead with a rendition like this.

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 03:54:28 AM »
It's such a shame that Experience + Innocence only has a few shows left.  The setlist evolution in Europe makes perfect sense from a narrative point of view, and more AB/Zooropa tunes are always welcome!

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »
Wow just listened to this! So cool! Great job Edge! Been a long time since Edge did lead vocals right? Pop mart?

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
They played it! Wish I was there!

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »
Man, I wish they went into more of this material on the US leg than they did. It would've been a shame to lose an exceptional version of Desire as well as Staring at the Sun, but I could live without the rest, especially when it means picking up Zoo Station, EBTTRT, The Fly, and Dirty Day. Yowza.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 12:04:29 AM »
Great show - we heard before hand that Dirty Day was definitely at this show. Great visuals in addition to a great song - blown away

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 03:28:43 AM »
What kind of visuals?

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 11:50:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What kind of visuals?

They basically reused the whole 2015 SOI segment and smashed it together. Cedarwood road house, then the Song for Someone lightbulb with everything in the bedroom flying around it, then back to the house at cedarwood road with drawings of them when they were teens, to drawings of them now.