Author Topic: Holograms la ABBA  (Read 103 times)

Offline Karmamalaga

• Babyface
Holograms la ABBA
« on: November 02, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »
Would U2 consider paying to becom holograms?

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
Re: Holograms la ABBA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:30:44 PM »
No, also I read that title to the tune of La Bamba.

Offline Karmamalaga

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
I didn't understand you, SwimmingSorrows.

Contrary to U2, or at least BONO, I Always loved ABBA, but when they were done, they were done. Benny has done awseome folkloric Music since with BAO, but for the Nordic countries.

I am, however, someone with a natural distaste for anything linked to musicals. I have the Chess Album. Listened to it once on a christmas day. And now tgis Mama Mia stuff: it goes on and on and on for ages! And in light of all the famous actors in the movies (1, now 2), I find it hard to even watch a movie with those actors.

I don't know what ABBA feel, but sure as hell, the business gets going. In 2015, Adam Clayton posed as Agneta in their museum, the most expensive there is, for people who are still in business (alive and well and earning from the museum). It's on U2:s instagram, september 2015.

Talks about a U2 museum amidst Edge's ruffling of feathers with neighbours in California etc...

I think that it would be negative hence my starting this thread:for U2 to push through the stuff that ABBA has done, and that the hologram thing is ludicrous, yet I fear (without losong my sleep over it) that U2 might be just capable of falling into what I call a trap.

So, would you guys of this forum go and see U2 as holograms while they are still alive?

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:33:57 PM »
The Ritchie Valens song.

"Para bailar La Bamba"
"Holograms a la ABBA"

In my head, I read "holograms a la ABBA" to the melody that goes with the lyrics "para bailar la bamba" in the actual song.