Author Topic: U2 mention in "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie  (Read 1794 times)

Offline wallah

• Babyface
U2 mention in "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie
« on: November 04, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
I saw the new Queen bio-pic "Bohemian Rhapsody" this weekend and was amused to catch two brief U2 mentions. At the very beginning of the movie there's a scene of Freddie Mercury walking backstage at Live Aid and we see an actor very clearly meant to be a young Bono, complete with the 80s mullet. (There's also an actor playing and 80s-era David Bowie in the same scene.)

The move later returns to Live Aid for the climax of the film and a crowd shot of the Wembly Stadium crowd during Queen's set with somebody holding a banner saying "We (heart) U2." I was curious to compare how the Queen set in the movie compared to the actual Live Aid performance so I watched it on YouTube and sure enough there's a crowd shot with somebody holding a U2 banner although it only has the band name.

rockatansky

Re: U2 mention in "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:31:43 AM »
Bohemian Rhapsody took #1 movie in the box office this weekend.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
was there anything regarding Larry?

rockatansky

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 09:11:04 AM »
I'm sorry, I didn't actually see the movie. I just read this morning that article about it being the #1 movie in the box office.  I do want to see it now.

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »
I didn’t notice Larry but he could have been in it. The scene with the Bono and Bowie look-alikes is very brief - maybe a second or two.

As for the movie overall, I enjoyed the music performance scenes and liked Malek but thought some of it was fairly standard biopic plot.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »
It looked like all 4 members of U2 coming off the stage, although it was Dire Straits that were actually on between U2 and Queen.