Author Topic: The end is here- sometimes, 2 shows left  (Read 1286 times)

Offline wons

• Numb
Re: The end is here- sometimes, 2 shows left
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono just said after playing Beautiful Day in Berlin today that its the LAST NIGHT OF THE EXPERIENCE AND INNOCENCE TOUR. So if they do anything live in 2019, late 2019, it will be something different. Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Texas, Florida, Latin America, I'm sorry, but this looks like confirmation that there will be no Experience or Innocence shows for you.

Don't believe The Showman.

Well, it was not the Macphisto part of the show, but we'll wait and see. I think they should extend the tour, do another 50 shows around the world in 2019 for Experience And Innocence, but it appears that's not going to happen.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 06:35:21 PM »
Not going to happen. They're tired and deserve a well-earned break.

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »
Bonos messing up the words to get out of your own way really bad. And edge played a few bad off notes. Yikes. Theyíll probably us Berlin night one for this one

Its a live show, not a studio recording. There are mistakes in the historic Red Rocks show. So what?

Wons I am getting tired of your attitude. Itís a forum for people to share opinions, and have chats about the bands and their shows and music.  Youíre right itís a live show, Iím describing a live mistake.

I just shared my opinion. If your tired of it, thats not my problem.

As several of us have tried to point out to you, it's not the opinion so much as it's the attitude and tone you use when expressing it. We don't want to be hurtful towards you, but we're really starting to tire of the know-it-all attitude you throw around on this forum.

And, as a big super U2 fan like you claim to be, you should know that the band has become notorious for wanting perfection on audio and video releases. That's why ever since they have been able to afford it and the technology has been available, they generally film multiple shows and it's not a coincidence that they wear the same clothes, or have a static rotation of the same outfits, for many shows on a tour. If a song doesn't go well the night of the official video filming, they can just splice in the film of that same song from another show.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 08:59:58 PM »
Bonos messing up the words to get out of your own way really bad. And edge played a few bad off notes. Yikes. Theyíll probably us Berlin night one for this one

Its a live show, not a studio recording. There are mistakes in the historic Red Rocks show. So what?

Wons I am getting tired of your attitude. Itís a forum for people to share opinions, and have chats about the bands and their shows and music.  Youíre right itís a live show, Iím describing a live mistake.

As several of us have tried to point out to you, it's not the opinion so much as it's the attitude and tone you use when expressing it. We don't want to be hurtful towards you, but we're really starting to tire of the know-it-all attitude you throw around on this forum.

And, as a big super U2 fan like you claim to be, you should know that the band has become notorious for wanting perfection on audio and video releases. That's why ever since they have been able to afford it and the technology has been available, they generally film multiple shows and it's not a coincidence that they wear the same clothes, or have a static rotation of the same outfits, for many shows on a tour. If a song doesn't go well the night of the official video filming, they can just splice in the film of that same song from another show.

Iíll be shocked if they donít edit the beginning
Misses first lyrics,
(silence) ďnah da goobi da new wordsĒ...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:02:42 PM by 64ac30 »

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 01:22:28 AM »

I'm flattered you and others are starting to focus on ME, but I'd rather keep the discussion on U2.

Offline Jdelbove

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 02:40:02 AM »
Sad its over.  Got used to having U2 activity, albums and new tours for the last few years.  I am going to miss them like crazy.  Just hope they go back a dream it up one more time sooner than later. 

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 07:30:14 AM »
Fans down under may be getting a tour the rest of the world will not see. U2Start reports that the U2 road crew have been asked for time commitments from August to December 2019, possibly for a tour of Australia/New Zealand. With it being 30 years since the Lovetown tour, I think its possible they may do a 30th anniversary tour for that down under.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »

Thank you for saying this.  It needs to be said again since this particular issue is all over this forum.  It has been said before, I've read the posts but it still continues.  It detracts from having a good discussion on the forum.  Enough is enough.

Now, I'll be accused on not talking about U2 and U2 stuff.  Cue the response in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........

You can talk about ME all you want to. Its not going to change anything though.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »

Iíll be shocked if they donít edit the beginning
Misses first lyrics,
(silence) ďnah da goobi da new wordsĒ...

Edges guitar sounds really out of tune. Almost dissonant.