Author Topic: I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!  (Read 1472 times)

Offline wons

• Numb
I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!
« on: November 10, 2018, 01:32:04 PM »
The entire town of Malibu California was evacuated Friday night due to a spreading firestorm. Edge has a big house in Malibu California. Its up in a hilly area about 250 meters from the beach. There are some relatively empty clear lots to the side and in back of it, but the house itself is surrounded by trees. The empty lots with little or no trees could serve as a good fire break, but if the firestorm is powerful enough, that might not make any difference.

Its just incredible how fast these fires grow and how difficult it is to stop them and prevent the loss of property in so many areas in California.

Offline wons

• Numb
Re: I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 02:04:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No need to get yourself worked up.  I'm sure he has excellent insurance.

You do realize this is a U2 forum where we post about U2 related stuff.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 04:11:48 PM »
The entire town of Malibu California was evacuated Friday night due to a spreading firestorm. Edge has a big house in Malibu California. Its up in a hilly area about 250 meters from the beach. There are some relatively empty clear lots to the side and in back of it, but the house itself is surrounded by trees. The empty lots with little or no trees could serve as a good fire break, but if the firestorm is powerful enough, that might not make any difference.

Its just incredible how fast these fires grow and how difficult it is to stop them and prevent the loss of property in so many areas in California.

Stalker much?

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 04:18:29 PM »

Stalker much?

Exactly why I would never want to be famous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:49:11 PM by Tortuga »

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »

Stalker much?

Guess what, knowing The Edge lives in Malibu California does not make you a stalker. Its common knowledge to most fans who post on U2 message boards and read articles about U2. I've never been to California. In fact, the only States west of the Mississippi that I have ever been to are Texas and Washington.

I admit, I have been to Bono's house in Dublin(as well as Windmill Lane, the newer studio, The Clarence, The Kitchen and many other U2 related sites around Dublin), but so has everyone among my close circle of friends.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 05:26:28 PM »

Stalker much?

Exactly why I would never want to be famous.

In this day an age, its much easier to find where the average joe is and knock on their door. Anonymity doesn't protect you like it once did.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 09:16:23 PM »

Stalker much?

Guess what, knowing The Edge lives in Malibu California does not make you a stalker. Its common knowledge to most fans who post on U2 message boards and read articles about U2. I've never been to California. In fact, the only States west of the Mississippi that I have ever been to are Texas and Washington.

I admit, I have been to Bono's house in Dublin(as well as Windmill Lane, the newer studio, The Clarence, The Kitchen and many other U2 related sites around Dublin), but so has everyone among my close circle of friends.

Knowing the city he lives in is ok. Especially since itís been in the news numerous times. But saying ďhis house is on a hilly area, 250 meters from the beach, then describing the back and sides of the House is oddly descriptive. Unfortunately there are u2 fans who track down the bands personal social media and stalk them and think itís ok.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 01:12:15 AM »

Stalker much?

Knowing the city he lives in is ok. Especially since itís been in the news numerous times. But saying ďhis house is on a hilly area, 250 meters from the beach, then describing the back and sides of the House is oddly descriptive.

Actually its not descriptive at all. Do you know anything about Malibu California? Its a town that is on the beach and hilly area above beach that stretches out along the coast for 10 or so miles. I only discussed the issues of the hills, trees, and distance from the beach because I wondered if it is safe or not.

As for obsessive fans, the band and their security have been dealing with them for over 35 years. They do a pretty good job.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 03:12:31 AM »

Stalker much?

Knowing the city he lives in is ok. Especially since itís been in the news numerous times. But saying ďhis house is on a hilly area, 250 meters from the beach, then describing the back and sides of the House is oddly descriptive.

Actually its not descriptive at all. Do you know anything about Malibu California? Its a town that is on the beach and hilly area above beach that stretches out along the coast for 10 or so miles. I only discussed the issues of the hills, trees, and distance from the beach because I wondered if it is safe or not.

As for obsessive fans, the band and their security have been dealing with them for over 35 years. They do a pretty good job.

Youíre making no sense and Iím from Los Angeles. Malibu is not a town, itís a city. If youíre referring to the stretch of homes along PCH then I can assure you those are safe. As for Mr Edges house, I had no clue where or what it looked like because I donít care. You made a post with legitimate concern about its safety noting supposedly details about the house being 250 meters up on a hill with clear lots surrounding the house.
The bands security doesnít get paid to block people on instagram Facebook or whatever.

Unfortunately the air is Smokey everywhere
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:25:51 AM by 64ac30 »

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 08:50:30 AM »

Stalker much?

Youíre making no sense and Iím from Los Angeles. Malibu is not a town, itís a city. If youíre referring to the stretch of homes along PCH then I can assure you those are safe. As for Mr Edges house, I had no clue where or what it looked like because I donít care. You made a post with legitimate concern about its safety noting supposedly details about the house being 250 meters up on a hill with clear lots surrounding the house.
The bands security doesnít get paid to block people on instagram Facebook or whatever.

Unfortunately the air is Smokey everywhere

I'm making no sense because I called it a town rather than a city? Good Lord, you need to loosen up. The bands security has been operating in the age of the internet for over two decades now. Their not panicking about Instagram. If you think I some how gave away exactly where Edge lives, then you find the house using the criteria I stated with google earth. Yep, my house is in Malibu 250 meters from the beach in the hills, with an empty lot in back and to one side it will be easy to find. Very accurate directions. I bet those are the directions Edge gives when he orders Dominos Pizza.

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »
This forum is just getting downright weird.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »

Yes

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 09:52:21 AM »

Its a fan forum, nothing weird about it.

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »

Yes

It's like being at a party and your friend is doing things that he thinks is awesome, but you have figured out that everyone there is laughing AT him and not WITH him and no matter what you do or say, your friend doesn't get it. He just thinks that everyone feels he awesome and no matter how nicely you try to tell him otherwise, he refuses to see it.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »

Yes

It's like being at a party and your friend is doing things that he thinks is awesome, but you have figured out that everyone there is laughing AT him and not WITH him and no matter what you do or say, your friend doesn't get it. He just thinks that everyone feels he awesome and no matter how nicely you try to tell him otherwise, he refuses to see it.

Some deep thoughts while Malibu California burns.