Author Topic: I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!  (Read 1509 times)

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
Re: I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
Neil young, Miley Cyrus and Gerard Butler lost their homes in Malibu. The fires in California are devastating. Over 6,000 homes destroyed in Northern California, 30 dead and over 200 missing. The smoke is heavy in the Monterey Bay where I live. Just sad!

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This forum is just getting downright weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

It's like being at a party and your friend is doing things that he thinks is awesome, but you have figured out that everyone there is laughing AT him and not WITH him and no matter what you do or say, your friend doesn't get it. He just thinks that everyone feels he awesome and no matter how nicely you try to tell him otherwise, he refuses to see it.

Some deep thoughts while Malibu California burns.

Yeah, you really care about Malibu, California.  All you care about is your stalker vision of Edge's house.  What about the dozens killed in the fires?  You haven't mentioned that.  Only that you are worried about Edge's house, which strangely you seem to know all the details about it. Sad.

Look at the thread topic, look at the forum. At least what I post is consistent with that. Unfortunately, you and others are more interested in ME, than U2, Edge, or Malibu.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:41:09 AM by wons »

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 10:16:52 AM »
This forum is just getting downright weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

It's like being at a party and your friend is doing things that he thinks is awesome, but you have figured out that everyone there is laughing AT him and not WITH him and no matter what you do or say, your friend doesn't get it. He just thinks that everyone feels he awesome and no matter how nicely you try to tell him otherwise, he refuses to see it.

Some deep thoughts while Malibu California burns.

Yeah, you really care about Malibu, California.  All you care about is your stalker vision of Edge's house.  What about the dozens killed in the fires?  You haven't mentioned that.  Only that you are worried about Edge's house, which strangely you seem to know all the details about it. Sad.

Look at the thread topic, look at the forum. At least what I post is consistent with that. Unfortunately, you and others are more interested in ME, than U2, Edge, or Malibu.

That's because YOU always make it about YOU.  Thread after thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, after...

Are you stalking me?

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 06:05:12 PM »
I'm sure Malibu is full of hilly areas, so I don't see what's so creepy about describing Edge's home as being on a hill.  This thread has gotten unnecessarily contentious imo.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »
Frankly, it doesn't look good for him.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 09:25:57 PM »
I'm sure Malibu is full of hilly areas, so I don't see what's so creepy about describing Edge's home as being on a hill.  This thread has gotten unnecessarily contentious imo.

Of course. Malibu is a CITY. I noted that to say itís a big place. Edge could live anywhere in Malibu. But the fact the op knows details about his home and specifically itís on a hill versus beachfront or just a normal neighborhood is semi stalkerish.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 09:54:09 PM »

. But the fact the op knows details about his home and specifically itís on a hill versus beachfront or just a normal neighborhood is semi stalkerish.

Its not, although you seem desperate to believe otherwise. Some people can't let go of an allegation made no matter how outlandish it is.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 07:03:16 AM »

The entire town of Malibu California was evacuated Friday night due to a spreading firestorm. Edge has a big house in Malibu California. Its up in a hilly area about 250 meters from the beach. There are some relatively empty clear lots to the side and in back of it, but the house itself is surrounded by trees. The empty lots with little or no trees could serve as a good fire break, but if the firestorm is powerful enough, that might not make any difference.

Its just incredible how fast these fires grow and how difficult it is to stop them and prevent the loss of property in so many areas in California.

There's a lot more detail written here than just a "hilly areas". 

"250 meters from the beach". "Relatively empty clear lots to the side and in back of it". "But the house itself is surrounded by trees".

That's not just a description saying "hilly areas".  This is creepy and very much stalkerish.

Well, if you seriously believe that then I guess you have already contacted the police since stalking is a crime.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 07:55:03 AM »
Enough!

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »

The entire town of Malibu California was evacuated Friday night due to a spreading firestorm. Edge has a big house in Malibu California. Its up in a hilly area about 250 meters from the beach. There are some relatively empty clear lots to the side and in back of it, but the house itself is surrounded by trees. The empty lots with little or no trees could serve as a good fire break, but if the firestorm is powerful enough, that might not make any difference.

Its just incredible how fast these fires grow and how difficult it is to stop them and prevent the loss of property in so many areas in California.

"250 meters from the beach". "Relatively empty clear lots to the side and in back of it". "But the house itself is surrounded by trees".

That's not just a description saying "hilly areas".  This is creepy and very much stalkerish.

Well, if you seriously believe that then I guess you have already contacted the police since stalking is a crime.

God, Wons I sure wouldn't call the police.  Though, Edge might if he saw this thread. J/K.  Your depth of U2 Fandom is unbelievable and hard for me to comprehend.

Given that your claims of "stalking" continue to be your only contribution this thread, I thought you might, but perhaps you have other reasons for posting in this thread. Whatever it is, it continues to be NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread.

In any event, The Edge's house is just fine. The Fire in Malibu was stopped several miles from his house. Plus, not all of Malibu was under manditory evacuation as it turns out. So I don't think the Edge was worried or sweating about this during the Dublin shows. I apoligize in advance to anyone who finds this information "creepy" and is upset by it. But it is information that is consistent with and important to the topic of this thread.

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 10:41:59 PM »

God, Wons I sure wouldn't call the police.  Though, Edge might if he saw this thread. J/K.  Your depth of U2 Fandom is unbelievable and hard for me to comprehend.

Given that your claims of "stalking" continue to be your only contribution this thread, I thought you might, but perhaps you have other reasons for posting in this thread. Whatever it is, it continues to be NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread.

In any event, The Edge's house is just fine. The Fire in Malibu was stopped several miles from his house. Plus, not all of Malibu was under manditory evacuation as it turns out. So I don't think the Edge was worried or sweating about this during the Dublin shows. I apoligize in advance to anyone who finds this information "creepy" and is upset by it. But it is information that is consistent with and important to the topic of this thread.

I was wondering the same thing wons.   Good to hear itís okay.   Thanks for the update.

Offline notaguest

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 05:31:21 AM »
Edge doesn't seem to think this home exists?

"Recently I have been mostly between Dublin and Venice, California. I am trying to build a house in Malibu but not having much luck.  Hopefully in the future I will be there.  Meanwhile, we are renting a place in Venice, low key, not a big house on a street.  Itís grounding.Ē

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
Edge doesn't seem to think this home exists?

"Recently I have been mostly between Dublin and Venice, California. I am trying to build a house in Malibu but not having much luck.  Hopefully in the future I will be there.  Meanwhile, we are renting a place in Venice, low key, not a big house on a street.  Itís grounding.Ē

Perhaps they have since sold the house or rent it out. But they did at one time own a house in Malibu. Or maybe the Edge is hiding the fact that he already has a home in Malibu in addition to all the homes he is trying to build there.

Welcome to the forum Notaguest! I see that you just registered today, November 16, 2018.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:58:57 AM by wons »

Offline notaguest

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 07:37:47 AM »
All I've ever heard about this before that article is that he was trying to get permission to build in Malibu and was denied because of some sort of environmental concern about the location, which fits the quote. And I only heard this because of internet claims that he somehow ignored or bought off the city council and built the house anyway, presumably while cackling. Don't know a thing about the public information.

Thanks.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2018, 07:51:07 AM »
All I've ever heard about this before that article is that he was trying to get permission to build in Malibu and was denied because of some sort of environmental concern about the location, which fits the quote. And I only heard this because of internet claims that he somehow ignored or bought off the city council and built the house anyway, presumably while cackling. Don't know a thing about the public information.

Thanks.

Well, I think Venice California is a lot safer when it comes to Wildfires than Malibu California.