Author Topic: I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 10:38:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Edge doesn't seem to think this home exists?

"Recently I have been mostly between Dublin and Venice, California. I am trying to build a house in Malibu but not having much luck.  Hopefully in the future I will be there.  Meanwhile, we are renting a place in Venice, low key, not a big house on a street.  Its grounding.

Perhaps they have since sold the house or rent it out. But they did at one time own a house in Malibu. Or maybe the Edge is hiding the fact that he already has a home in Malibu in addition to all the homes he is trying to build there.

Welcome to the forum Notaguest! I see that you just registered today, November 16, 2018.

This whole thread would surely explain why Edge would try to hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 12:48:57 PM »

"Recently I have been mostly between Dublin and Venice, California. I am trying to build a house in Malibu but not having much luck.  Hopefully in the future I will be there.  Meanwhile, we are renting a place in Venice, low key, not a big house on a street.  Its grounding.

Perhaps they have since sold the house or rent it out. But they did at one time own a house in Malibu. Or maybe the Edge is hiding the fact that he already has a home in Malibu in addition to all the homes he is trying to build there.

Welcome to the forum Notaguest! I see that you just registered today, November 16, 2018.

Exactly

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »

I'm sure the Edge feared that one day there might be a disaster in Malibu and people would talk about it on a message board and wonder if his house was safe.

Never mind the fact that he mentions, and it has been widely publicized, his intention of building 5 homes on specific land( which locals and or others have protested) he owns in Malibu and that he plans to occupy one of those homes.

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
I hope Edge's home in Malibu California is ok!
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »

I'm sure the Edge feared that one day there might be a disaster in Malibu and people would talk about it on a message board and wonder if his house was safe.

Never mind the fact that he mentions, and it has been widely publicized, his intention of building 5 homes on specific land( which locals and or others have protested) he owns in Malibu and that he plans to occupy one of those homes.

I was joking.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 07:46:38 AM »
What a weird discussion.  Living in Australia there have also been devastating wild fires over the years and I belong to the volunteer fire brigade in my area.  Property can always be rebuilt but loss of life can never. Fire is just so scary.  My guess is that a man like Edge would be less concerned with his house than the safety of people in the area.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2018, 01:48:52 PM »
  Property can always be rebuilt but loss of life can never. Fire is just so scary.  My guess is that a man like Edge would be less concerned with his house than the safety of people in the area.

True, but If his house is safe and other peoples houses near his are safe, then so are the people who live in them. The Edge is a man that is interested in land and property. He has spent nearly a decade trying to build 5 houses on property he owns in the Malibu area receiving much resistance. While there are 78 people dead and over a thousand people missing in northern California, this thread was specifically about the Edge and his property and fits either in the General U2 Discussion area, or another area of the site directed at specific band members. The non-U2 Lounge would be more appropriate for a thread discussing lives lost, wildfires and all the endangered areas across California.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:51:09 PM by wons »

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
  Property can always be rebuilt but loss of life can never. Fire is just so scary.  My guess is that a man like Edge would be less concerned with his house than the safety of people in the area.

True, but If his house is safe and other peoples houses near his are safe, then so are the people who live in them. The Edge is a man that is interested in land and property. He has spent nearly a decade trying to build 5 houses on property he owns in the Malibu area receiving much resistance. While there are 78 people dead and over a thousand people missing in northern California, this thread was specifically about the Edge and his property and fits either in the General U2 Discussion area, or another area of the site directed at specific band members. The non-U2 Lounge would be more appropriate for a thread discussing lives lost, wildfires and all the endangered areas across California.

Oh mah lawd

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 05:53:43 PM »
Nope, not ok. Not okay at all.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »
Nope, not ok. Not okay at all.

They own a lot of land in the area. The House, and neighborhood it was in, is just fine.