Poll

two comeback songs in the past few years...your favourite ?

Acrobat+Machpisto on E/I
15 (40.5%)
Exit+Shadowman on JT30
8 (21.6%)
I like them both equally
14 (37.8%)
I don't care for neither
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Now that the tours are over....which of the two comeback songs did you prefer ?  (Read 480 times)

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
What gets your vote ?

Offline sortof_jos

• Babyface
offcourse acrobat AND exit.
loved them both  :)

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
Loved them both. Want to see/hear the proshot/mixing desk of MacPhisto/Acrobat, though.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
I'm pretty happy with the edit of Exit here (about 2 hours 2 or 3 minutes in EDIT: Whoops, ONE hour and 2 minutes and change in):
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That must be mixing desk audio. Not pro shot but the editing is really good and there's good raw video to work with. The video editor also turned the raw video into black and white which suits it very well imho. I've seen some other cuts of the same show but really like this one.

But everything so far on e+i is pretty muddy.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:59:38 PM by laoghaire »

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
Hey, I found the equivilent e+i video! Not proshot but must be mixing desk audio - audio is awesome! I haven't watched it all, but 1 hour 7 minutes precisely begins MacPhisto into Acrobat. And Acrobat sounds amazing! I've heard probably 8 shows of it but never with this great sound! From Madison Square Garden:

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
Exit and Shadowman, but being there makes me biased to some extent  :P

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
Had to go with Acrobat for this. Exit had been played live before, albeit a long time ago and has that awesome version on the R&H movie. Acrobat is bliss. Not phased about MacPhisto at all, just love the song. Best thing about the tour was this song happening after all this time.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
Exit. Exit just killed the show, in a good way. It made sense after OTH and went straight into MOTD.

Shadowman was angry and haunted the audience. MacPhisto was just a snapchatfilter  that killed it a bit for me. Acrobat was good. But it wasn't nailed as good as Exit

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
I really enjoyed "Exit" and Shadowman, although I truly did not get the "Eeny Meeny" part at the end and thought "Gloria" would have been so much better (and life-affirming as well).

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
I think Eeny Meeny is a reference to use of the n-word in the earlier versions of the song, ie hate/racism