Author Topic: Ten years since the last R.E.M. concert  (Read 232 times)

Offline wons

• Numb
Ten years since the last R.E.M. concert
« on: November 18, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »
The last R.E.M. concert was 10 years ago today, November 18, 2008 in Mexico City Mexico at the Auditorio Nacional

Here was the setlist:

01. Live Well Is The Best Revenge
02. I Took Your Name
03. What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
04. Fall On Me
05. Drive
06. Man-Sized Wreath
07. Ignoreland
08. Disturbance At the Heron House
09. Hollow Man
10. Imitation Of Life
11. Electrolite
12. The Great Beyond
13. Everybody Hurts
14. The One I Love
15. Find The River
16. Let Me In
17. Bad Day
18. Horse To Water
19. Orange Crush
20. Its The End Of The World As We Know It(And I Feel Fine)

Encore:
21. Supernatural Superserious
22. Losing My Religion
23. I Believe
24. Country Feedback
25. Life And How To Live It
26. Man On The Moon

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
Re: Ten years since the last R.E.M. concert
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »
I wish REM was still active. A great band that I got into a bit too late.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 05:46:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wish REM was still active. A great band that I got into a bit too late.

Same. Only got into their early career after they'd finished.

u2music

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »
Been a big fan of R.E.M. since I first heard Murmur.  It's a shame they are no longer together.  During the early to mid-eighties, I was a DJ for a college radio station.  We played the heck out of Murmur and Reckoning.  Also, saw them in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember), Michael Stipe put on a great performance.  Was an excellent concert.  They had an incredible influence on bands to come in the future.  Alway recommend to people to check out their catalogue, especially the early stuff.  Great music.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 05:49:51 PM »
I know everything from Life's Rich Pageant to New Adventures in Hi Fi, plus the first four songs on Up but my CD cracked so I couldn't play the rest lol.

Hi Fi is my fave and I suspect that puts me in a similar club as those who rank Pop as number one. (I LOVE POP).

Saw them just once, think it was 1995. Great show.

I respect that they called it a day when they were done.

Visited Athens, Georgia once - home of REM, the Indigo Girls, maybe the Black Crowes too? Neat town. Saw a guy walking a ferret on a leash. I know, I'm adding so much to this thread.

u2music

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 06:51:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know everything from Life's Rich Pageant to New Adventures in Hi Fi, plus the first four songs on Up but my CD cracked so I couldn't play the rest lol.

Hi Fi is my fave and I suspect that puts me in a similar club as those who rank Pop as number one. (I LOVE POP).

Saw them just once, think it was 1995. Great show.

I respect that they called it a day when they were done.

Visited Athens, Georgia once - home of REM, the Indigo Girls, maybe the Black Crowes too? Neat town. Saw a guy walking a ferret on a leash. I know, I'm adding so much to this thread.

You've added a lot to the thread. Good taste.  If memory serves, New Adventures in Hi-Fi won an album award back in the day.  Forget which but it was a great album.  Automatic For The People and Monster were also excellent and won awards too. 

Yeah, never been to Athens but they had a pretty vibrant music scene back in the day.  Don't know about now though.  A ferret on a leash, lol - classic!

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 05:05:54 AM »
Loved REM since their Document album (never really heard anything by them before then) and I really miss them being around. Amazing band! New Adventures In Hi-Fi is one of my favourite albums too and it contains one of my favourite ever singles by them, E-Bow The Letter. I never got to see them live, sadly for me. I did buy a ticket to see them in 1995 in Milton Keynes but couldn't go at the last minute and ended up selling the ticket. Probably just as well as I generally hate stadium gigs anyway and I remember reading that the heat was a nightmare that day and lots of people passed out from heat stroke and dehydration! Wish I had seen them at least once but it was not to be.