Poll

For U2's next tour in 2021-2022, it'd be great if U2 played...

Achtung Baby plus mostly their greatest hits like the JT30 tour
2 (7.7%)
Achtung Baby plus all of Zooropa & all of Pop ('90s trilogy tour)
16 (61.5%)
Achtung Baby plus a mix of hits and rarely played songs
7 (26.9%)
Achtung Baby plus only songs that came after Achtung Baby nothing earlier
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 03, 2018, 05:22:35 PM

Author Topic: 2021-2022 tour to include all of Achtung Baby plus what other songs?  (Read 603 times)

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
So Bono & the boys ask you for advice on what songs they should play in their set list for their upcoming 2021-2022 tour celebrating Achtung Baby's 30th anniversary...  8)  What reasons do you give to convince them (in addition to playing all of Achtung Baby) that they should also play_________?

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
Re: 2021-2022 tour to include all of Achtung Baby plus what other songs?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:56:40 PM »
1-12. Achtung Baby
13. The wanderer
14. Vertigo
15. Zooropa
16. Elevation
17. City of blinding lights
18. Get out of your own way
19. Beautiful day
ENCORE
20. Streets
21. With or without you
22. Can’t help falling in love

I’m really curious to see how future setlists look. We really should be grateful they took out JT songs this year since there’s 13 albums of material now. Or actually 11 since they refuse to do Pop and NLOTH.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:11:05 PM by 64ac30 »

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:45:32 AM »
Only want too see NLOTH live as i mist the 360 tour

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 08:18:31 AM »
I voted for the 90's trilogy, but understand that's pie-in-the-sky wishing, if for no other reason than it would be a full three-hour show, which they just wouldn't do.  (I'm not sure I'd even have the energy to sit through it, and ending with Pop would be anticlimactic.)  But in terms of the material I want to hear in concert, if it's from the 90's, I'm a happy guy.

Otherwise, option 3 would be good.  But we all know option 1 is what we'll get, if anything.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:34:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I voted for the 90's trilogy, but understand that's pie-in-the-sky wishing, if for no other reason than it would be a full three-hour show, which they just wouldn't do.  (I'm not sure I'd even have the energy to sit through it, and ending with Pop would be anticlimactic.)  But in terms of the material I want to hear in concert, if it's from the 90's, I'm a happy guy.

Otherwise, option 3 would be good.  But we all know option 1 is what we'll get, if anything.

Well, this is the Achtung Baby show, so the rest of the concert would just be padded with 5 songs from Zooropa and 5 songs from Pop. Probably Numb, Lemon, Stay, Zooropa, Dirty Day, Discotheque, Staring At the Sun, Last Night On Earth, Please, and If God Would Send His Angels.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 08:47:23 AM »

Well, this is the Achtung Baby show, so the rest of the concert would just be padded with 5 songs from Zooropa and 5 songs from Pop. Probably Numb, Lemon, Stay, Zooropa, Dirty Day, Discotheque, Staring At the Sun, Last Night On Earth, Please, and If God Would Send His Angels.

I'm just going by the option as listed, which says "all of Zooropa & all of Pop".

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »
I voted for the 90s trilogy but would also be fine with some other songs consistent with 90s U2 music. Not quite sure what that might include but maybe No Line on the Horizon (song), Fez, Fast Cars. Would also love it if they pulled out something like Slug. What I don't need in the setlist is Elevation.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 08:33:13 AM »
Whoa, I stopped reading after "all of achtung baby". I'd sign up on that if that's all they play on that tour.