Author Topic: Muse - Simulation Theory  (Read 166 times)

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
Muse - Simulation Theory
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
Bought the CD yesterday and put it on in the car on my commute to work this morning.
At the 8th track (after skipping tracks 4 and 6 after about one minute) I decided to switch to USB and listen to SOE, at least a recent album of a band I love that is enjoyable.  (Muse is (was?) my second favorite active band)).

A lot of different sounds and idea's in each track, but nothing that sounds like a decent song. Most tracks are going nowhere.

What do you all think about the new Muse?

Offline Lebowski

• Refugee
Re: Muse - Simulation Theory
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:15:53 PM »
It is really, really good. It threw me off at bit at first since it is so 80's driven and not as overtly rocking as their normal stuff, but once I get used to the vibe they were going for, it really grew on me.  It won't be one of my favorite Muse records, but it's still a highly enjoyable record full of songs that will be great fun live.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Muse - Simulation Theory
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 04:48:47 AM »
It's my favourite Muse album since Black Holes And Revelations, but I guess that isn't that major since I haven't liked their last 3 albums at all! It has dome decent tracks on it though. I especially love the opening track Algorithm, the single The Dark Side and Break It To Me is a killer. Nothing will beat their amazing first 3 albums for me though.