Author Topic: How do you listen to U2?  (Read 403 times)

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
Re: How do you listen to U2?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »
Iíve got a few overarching playlists for them. One is their entire studio content, one is their remix content, one is their official live content, one is all of those combined, and the last is all of those combined with the Sirius interludes mixed in. That Sirius station earlier this year was one of the best presentations of U2 Iíve ever heard.

I also have individual album playlists that include all b-sides, alternative mixes, and so on.

I donít listen to U2 on earbuds/AirPods. I will ALWAYS pull out my over-ear headphones for U2. I used to drive more than I do now, and I was always listening to U2 and singing with them when I drove. Since I donít drive anymore, my voice isnít as flexible and its harder to sing, but I still find myself doing it when Iím driving a long distance. U2 for me always needs to be higher quality or more engaging. They deserve it.

Offline kevtn43

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 05:50:33 AM »
When I'm home i listen to them on YouTube or watching a dvd
In the car i listen to a cd ,or on my phone i listen to a u2 app and of course im blasting it singing along lol
I don't down load songs or albums i guess im old school as far as that goes, the app is still new to me lol

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 11:05:52 AM »
I actually like the notion of a U2 hiatus. I'm kind of in one myself right now, although I'd call it more of a U2 reduction than hiatus. Burnout can happen even with such a great band, so I'm really trying to play non-U2 stuff for the most part right now until I get back into that mood. Zoo Station (Live from Buenos Aires), Bad (Live from just about anywhere), Dirty Day, and a few others are still popping up in my playlists, but I'm really feeling The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra ('tis the season) right now, and the change of pace is nice.

When I am in the U2 mood, though, it really varies. I enjoy playing their albums the whole way through as well as building mixes from various eras, and also as part of a playlist I continually update with the songs I'm really into at a particular time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:13:41 AM by hollywoodswag »

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 06:32:51 PM »
In the car with a bluetooth to radio thing, phone with earbuds when walking or on campus, laptop with earbuds or headphones when at home, bluetooth speaker when I need the mobility

Spotify and some "live albums" I put together in audacity, those are on my laptop and phone

Various playlists, sometimes the whole library on shuffle, sometimes full albums and those live things I put together

Mix of both

Same stuff in waves for the most part, but with some variety thrown in

Usually alone, but sometimes with my roommate (who also likes them) or in a playlist with friends over

Sometimes background

......Maybe......

They're my most streamed band according to some sick Spotify analytics that I just found recently, but I'd say they're less than 5% of my overall streams.

(Here's a link to that cool Spotify analytics thing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Tells you your top 50 songs and artists short, medium, and long term)

Nah