Author Topic: Do you think Songs Of Innocence is underrated?  (Read 897 times)

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
Re: Do you think Songs Of Innocence is underrated?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 07:35:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Arghhhh I really blew it and I'm really sorry to everyone. 

It would make sense if I could explain but it doesn't matter because in my attempt to not be an a****** I managed to do an a****** thing by posting drama (I love the peaceful life dammit). I realize now what I should have done, too late.

Very sorry for that, and sorry that u2music unregistered and we lost a contributor to this forum. I hope they come back.

And to a particular person, you know who you are, reread my Troubles post again. It was for you, but only in a good way. Everything you were afraid of about me wasn't true.

Crikey! all over an interpretation of a song!  I quite enjoy reading other peoples interpretations of U2 lyrics because often I realise that I was on a completely different track lol.  I have know idea why u2music unregistered either and why they thought it was best all round.  All very cryptic.

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Arghhhh I really blew it and I'm really sorry to everyone. 

It would make sense if I could explain but it doesn't matter because in my attempt to not be an a****** I managed to do an a****** thing by posting drama (I love the peaceful life dammit). I realize now what I should have done, too late.

Very sorry for that, and sorry that u2music unregistered and we lost a contributor to this forum. I hope they come back.

And to a particular person, you know who you are, reread my Troubles post again. It was for you, but only in a good way. Everything you were afraid of about me wasn't true.
I also don’t understand what’s going on but what I know is that your post about the song’s meaning was deeply insightful and a great contribution to the forum, as your posts usually are. I considered the song to be about domestic abuse specifically but, as you pointed out, it can cover other forms of abuse that are intended to belittle and oppress people and rob them of the freedom and dignity to which they are entitled.

Speaking of which, a particularly sneaky and pernicious form of oppression which seems to have infected our society is the tactic of trying to shut people down by claiming they have said something “offensive” or “harmful.” I listen when someone seems hurt, and try to fix whatever misunderstanding may have occurred, or error on my part if there is one, but I also know that in the end I am only responsible for my own words and intentions, and I have a right to express myself. I do not have the power to control or heal whatever is going on inside another person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »
It was a misunderstanding and it was my fault. I wish I could undo my weird post - not the one about the song but the one after - but I can't. Nobody actually tried to shut me down. Sorry again for derailing the thread, but everything is okay.

Offline Amrice78

• Babyface
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2018, 07:59:54 AM »
I think SOI is a solid album, I like it a lot, however when I started to rank my favorite U2 albums it fell near the bottom. I think that is indicicative, for me anyway, how they have many truly solid albums