Author Topic: Question about presale  (Read 2449 times)

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
Question about presale
« on: March 08, 2009, 04:06:24 AM »
Hi everyone, i plan on seeing u2 this year in the states.

Do you buy presale through u2.com? .....I have been reading something about presale codes.

Does this mean they give you a code in which allows you to enter the presale sections of the ticketing sites to buy tickets?
reason i ask is that I was able to register for u2.com with an australian credit card, but i have heard that ticketmaster in the states doesn't accept australian credit cards... does anyone know if this is true?

I just want to see u2 damnit!

Offline spanner

• Numb
Re: Question about presale
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi everyone, i plan on seeing u2 this year in the states.

Do you buy presale through u2.com? .....I have been reading something about presale codes.

Does this mean they give you a code in which allows you to enter the presale sections of the ticketing sites to buy tickets?
reason i ask is that I was able to register for u2.com with an australian credit card, but i have heard that ticketmaster in the states doesn't accept australian credit cards... does anyone know if this is true?

I just want to see u2 damnit!
not sure about australian credit cards but on the last tour  i brought three tickets for a chicago show with my british credit card.i just had to bring it with me to will-call to pick tix up no probs at all

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:35:35 AM »
Not sure about the credit cards either. But for the last 2 tours I have gotten tickets through the pre-sale. U2.com emails you a code word and time and date of the sale. You have to enter the codeword to log on to the presale on the TicketMaster site. At least that was how it has been done in the past. They may change the rules this time around.

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Do you have to be a U2.com member?

Offline Belisama

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »
Do you have to be a U2.com member?
To get in on the pre-sale? Yes.

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »
I jpined U2 . com for the pre sale , does it work , am I guaranteed tix ?

Offline Belisama

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »
I jpined U2 . com for the pre sale , does it work , am I guaranteed tix ?
You are not guaranteed tickets, but it greatly improves your chances of getting them.

Offline larrys pants

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
For $50 I would hope so, can you buy tix for any gig then ? I'm in Glasgow and want some for Hampden but also want to go to another european city , is this possible ?

Offline Belisama

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »
For $50 I would hope so, can you buy tix for any gig then ? I'm in Glasgow and want some for Hampden but also want to go to another european city , is this possible ?
Not sure how it works for non-US events. Sorry. . . . I have had friends in the states buy through the presale for multiple US locations.

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »

Last time pre sale allowed you 1 concert ie all 4 tickets for Hampden in my case. I have thought of Qing for hampden if there is one and pre saling another venue

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »

You can always do swapsies. I got eight tickets for Manchester on the Vertigo tour and swapped two for the Cardiff through one of the fan swap websites.