Author Topic: U2 and 33-1/3 book series  (Read 271 times)

Offline Zimmy1987

• Babyface
U2 and 33-1/3 book series
« on: January 23, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »
I'm sure many of us have read Stephen Catanzarite's book on "Achtung Baby" for Bloomsbury's 33-1/3 series.

Anyway, an open call for proposals concluded at the end of October.  I submitted one and we're all waiting for the final announcement.  As opposed to just sitting around and waiting, I went ahead and wrote a complete manuscript for my album pick and I really stand by its quality.  Given that they get over 600 proposals submitted per open call and only 15 are chosen, chances of my proposal getting picked are slim.  With a completed manuscript, I'm really not into the idea of letting it just collect.  So, I'm reaching out to the U2 fan community on insight or advice on next steps should I not be selected (really not interested in self-publishing as I want my book to be in libraries).

While Catanzarite wrote a great book, his doesn't really document the band's story making that album.  I do that.

Please feel free to send me a direct message.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: U2 and 33-1/3 book series
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:09:47 AM »
Hey Bob, Or I can call you Zimmy. Where is the manuscript?

Offline Zimmy1987

• Babyface
Re: U2 and 33-1/3 book series
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:49:15 PM »
Or you may call me Terry.

Everything is stored on a hard drive and drop box. Ive sent modified proposals out to a few places but no takers yet. All this would be easy if 33 1/3 just says yes but then choosing 15 amongst 600+ means I should consider other options if I want this work seen.