Author Topic: This is what I said to my wife last week about the tour...  (Read 1225 times)

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
This is what I said to my wife last week about the tour...
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:37:26 AM »
Me: U2 hasn't been to Oklahoma (where we live) since before I was born. With a much improved arena, I expect them to come here sometime when they do an arena tour, but we will NEVER see them in a stadium in Oklahoma!
Wife: You never know.
Me: Trust me. If U2 plays in Norman, I will sh** my pants.

I can't find the date confirmed on u2.com, but it looks like it's on a Monday which means I'll probably have to take a day off work, but I don't really care.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:52:47 AM by JasontheJedi »

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: This is what I said to my wife last week about the tour...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »
So a change of pants then Jason? I bet your wife is pi**ing herself laughing, but it would be so worth it  :D

We're holding out hope down here on the other side of the world!

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:22:31 AM »
Actually she was still asleep and I was jumping on the bed like a 6 year old on Christmas morning. She wasn't too excited about that, but I'm sure she'll be laughing at me later today  :D.

It really is a total shock to me because the OKC metro (including Norman) area is not a huge market. It's big, but when I heard they were doing stadiums, I assumed only the absolute largest markets. However, I just researched a little more and found that the Rolling Stones played there in 1997. That concert drew 60,000 people when the area was smaller in population, so I guess it could work.

Offline mrsmagnificent

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »
Well I hope you don't expect your wife to wash your pants....... ;)