Author Topic: for all the dissapointed with the tour dates  (Read 1436 times)

Offline alanr79

• Refugee
  • Laugher is eternity if the joy is real!
for all the dissapointed with the tour dates
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:42:38 AM »
Check larry quote below from the Irish Independent today:

Drummer Larry Mullen revealed yesterday that U2's stadium tour will feature the spaceship-style set.

"From what I've seen it's like a spaceship and I know we've done spaceships before and walked out of citrus fruits," he said in an interview with 2fm's Larry Gogan.

"This is four legs and this allows us to be placed close to the centre of the stadium. It hasn't been done before. It's a very unusual production. Essentially it's trying to bring the band closer to the audience and that's the challenge."

He added: "We plan to tour this summer. We start off in Europe for two months and then we go to America for two months and we come back in 2010 and start in America and finish off in Europe. We are going to do it over two years and we're hoping to work on some more music in between."

Hope that cheers some of the unlucky up!!

;)

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
Re: for all the dissapointed with the tour dates
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 07:57:52 AM »
I know they did several legs on the Vertigo tour. Does anyone know if they added additional cities on the later legs?

Offline in_eden

• Stateless
Re: for all the dissapointed with the tour dates
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:28:29 AM »
On the last several tours, they usually announce the first US leg, and the first Europe leg immediatly, then announce the third and fourth leg dates as the tour goes on. I'd imagine with these huge tours you can only book so far out.
Playing only big open air style stadiums, you also have to work around weather. Looks like a spring/summer 2010 leg in the US and a summer/fall 2010 leg to finish it out in Europe.
No mention of Latin America or Asia? Or Australia/New Zeland?