Author Topic: New to pre-sales - how does it work  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Harper77

• Babyface
New to pre-sales - how does it work
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:51:22 AM »
Hey Fans!

I was thinking of joining U2.com and recently noticed that they have presales.  Since I am going to be joining today, does that mean that I also will have the opportunity to get in on the presale?

I have heard that they give priority to those that have been members the longest so does that mean my chances of getting good seats is out of the ques?

I have been to the last 7 tours and don;t wanna miss out!!

Offline satchelg

• Wanderer
  • When the soul wants...the soul waits...
Re: New to pre-sales - how does it work
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »
If you join today, you will be in the 3rd tier of the presale.  This means you will have a code to access ticket sales on day 3 of the presale.  No tickets are guaranteed, just an earlier opportunity to get them than most.

andyt

Re: New to pre-sales - how does it work
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey Fans!

I was thinking of joining U2.com and recently noticed that they have presales.  Since I am going to be joining today, does that mean that I also will have the opportunity to get in on the presale?

I have heard that they give priority to those that have been members the longest so does that mean my chances of getting good seats is out of the ques?

I have been to the last 7 tours and don;t wanna miss out!!

I wouldn't bother - I tried doing this for the Vertigo tour and spent $45 on nothing. No ticket, no refund.

It's just a way to get people to join U2.com and spend money. There are a limited number of tickets for pre sale and probably hundreds of thousands of people trying to get them. It doesn't guarantee you a ticket at all.

Just wait till they go on sale properly. Even if you can't get one then, buying one off ebay will be cheaper than U2.com charging you to join + the cost of the actual ticket.

Call me cynical but it's a bit of a con.