Author Topic: How would you describe how U2 makes you feel .  (Read 2721 times)

mariamontreal

How would you describe how U2 makes you feel .
« on: November 27, 2008, 07:52:37 AM »
For myself it is like having that 1st cup of tea or coffee in the morning , looking out and seeing blue sky and sunshine and smelling the fresh air . That great feeling of confidence knowing that this is whAt makes your day and is so much a part of each day . A day without U2 and I just don't feel quite right , I know something is missing within my heart and soul . 

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
Re: How would you describe how U2 makes you feel .
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »
^ that is so nice! Mine is quite similar to yours, I agree with you U2s music is just so touching you cant help but feel empty when its not there!

Mine will have to be laying in my bed with a cup of hot chocolate when I am waking up looking out the window on a bright summers morning watching the birds and animals play around in the fields surrounding my house (I live in the countryside). I find that a feeling of vitality. It makes me want to stay there all day.

Another one of mine is looking out over the fields when there is a gentle layer of mist and smelling how fresh it is.

U2's softer music makes me think of these moments where i feel completly at peace with myself its as if all the troubles are just washed away for a few minutes.

U2's harder music still reminds me of it, but reminds me more of my fave gigs where I am ripping it up in the pit!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:07:45 AM by Dark Angel »

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 09:30:23 AM »
U2's music makes me feel as close to a religious epiphany as I'm likely to ever get as an agnostic.  I don't mean this in a Christian manner; theology rings quite obsolete and hollow to me.  However, that powerful, transcendant surge religion's most committed claim to have experienced...that's the feeling U2 brings to me.  For many, it's like looking upon the face of God, but for me, it's like drinking in the totality of human experience.  I'm a secularist; I believe only in the dirt and texture of the here and now, not of some faraway ethereal land of eternal peace, but with U2's music underscoring my life, I find every bit of beauty and light in that dirt and texture that the devout find in their vision of a shimmering castle in the skies...

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 01:04:18 PM »
Preach it, God Part II!  Can I get an amen?  I don't care if you're religious or not, you're describing a revelatory experience.  I take God wherever I can find him, and a U2 concert is as good as church for me.  Wherever two or more (or thousands) are gathered...

Boom Cha!

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »
It's indescribeable.  ;D

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »
It's magically delicious.

Oh wait...wrong ad.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:03 PM »
Like I'm inhaling pure oxygen.

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 06:32:05 AM »
Its like a musical journey

:D sorry couldnt help myself!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »
It makes me think "No wonder they're the best band in the world right now"  :)

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Its like a musical journey

:D sorry couldnt help myself!

LOL!!

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2's music makes me feel as close to a religious epiphany as I'm likely to ever get as an agnostic.  I don't mean this in a Christian manner; theology rings quite obsolete and hollow to me.  However, that powerful, transcendant surge religion's most committed claim to have experienced...that's the feeling U2 brings to me.  For many, it's like looking upon the face of God, but for me, it's like drinking in the totality of human experience.  I'm a secularist; I believe only in the dirt and texture of the here and now, not of some faraway ethereal land of eternal peace, but with U2's music underscoring my life, I find every bit of beauty and light in that dirt and texture that the devout find in their vision of a shimmering castle in the skies...

I couldn't have said it better. 

Signed,

A Fellow Agnostic