Author Topic: Chicago city/venue details  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Chicago city/venue details
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
I didnt know where to put this, but I guess this is the most logical place. I know there is another Chicago thread, but I didnt want anyone to miss this. If you have any concerns, questions, etc. about hotels, bars, airports, etc. post in here. I figured posts wont get missed in here, concerning these issues. Ive already seen questions all over the forum. So I will do my best to help whoever needs it. And now that I see many more Chicagoans floating around the forum, help is here. I grew up on the southside of Chicago. So Ill do my best to help you out. Just tryin to help my fellow U2 fans, who will be coming in town. 

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
  • Deserve's got nothin' to do with it
Re: CHICAGO-Questions, Concerns
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:58 PM »
Cool. I'm not from there, but my wife is. We just booked 5 or 6 nights in a suite in Glennview. The price was only $69 per night. Not too shabby. Can't remember the name of the bloody hotel though...

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »
Hawk, more infor please.

Thanks for setting this up anthony.

How do you plan on getting from Glennview into SF?

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:20:33 PM »
Thank you Anthony!

My Canadian butt is going to be down there for the first time ever.  I've been to a lot of big cities but never Chi-Town.

I posted this in the Sept 12 Chicago thread but you probably missed it, good job making this new thread.

Here's what I was wondering...

How's the Irish Oak?  Looking at that to be our pub of choice.

Let us know if you hear anything about any U2-themed gatherings at any pubs or anything.  Should be in town on the Thursday night/leaving after the "last" show if they announce more to go up to Toronto.  We are performing a military operation to get there, driving to Bismarck, ND (7 hrs) and then flying to Chicago from there.  Flights from here to Chicago are so much more expensive when you come out of where I live in Canada, hence the drive to Bismarck.

Offline Rlax1200

• Babyface
  • Blessing are not just for the ones who kneel.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
I'm also from Chicago. I live in the city in an area known as West town. Would also like to extend a helping hand to all the U2 fans visiting our great city!

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:49:25 PM »
What up rlax? I lived in Lakeview. I just bought a house on the southside. Mt. Greenwood. Me and my roomie talked bout renting rooms out. A U2 bed and breakfast. LOL  Edgefest Ive been to that bar a few times. From what I remember its ok. Theres a nice Irish bar called Dublins. I go there alot. A few blocks from the John Hancock Building.

Offline Rlax1200

• Babyface
  • Blessing are not just for the ones who kneel.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »
What's up Anthony! Hey, do you think they'll add another show on Monday? Want to get tixs if they do. So, do you also hit Lollapalooza or Pitch fork music fest? I go to those both and try and go to all the street fest. That's what I love about Chicago in the summer, you could find good music any where!

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »
Hello!! Thank you for offering to help w/ info on Chicago!!!

I have been thru OHare before, but that is it. I am very excited to be making my first trip to Chicago (from Seattle) for the concert and to do some sightseeing. I haven't had a chance to start researching the 'must see' places yet (looking for affordable, budget is tight), but I know I will be polling for what is a good cafe/restaurant to have some Chicago style pizza :) :)? and what might be a good place to hear good, live blues --that has a decent, comfortable atmosphere for someone traveling alone? Any input on those questions to start would be nice. That, and will they post info on what side of Soldier Field will the ga line form closer to the show?

Of course, if there ends up being a fan meetup at a club/bar that might be just as well to try and attend that!

I will be staying at the Hostel International Downtown Chicago--and I understand it is about a mile and a half from the stadium and transport is good.

I can't wait until September!! :) I'll have to start researching my daily itinerary soon! That will be a fun way to pass the time! :)

Offline Kim&LarryMullen

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Bang those drums!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »
What are some good places to eat??

;D

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Chicago city/venue details
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Chicago city/venue details
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Soldier Field U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Soldier Field U2 event page:

Soldier Field parking page:

Soldier Field public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Soldier Field on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:02:48 AM by therossman »

Offline SecondCopy

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
Hello Chicagoans:

I've visited Chicago, but haven't been to Soldier Field.  What's the best way to get to the stadium -- public transportation or parking?

I'll probably rent a car to get from the airport (probably Midway) to downtown area.

Thanks!

Offline Bhawx10

• Stateless
  • Everything You Know is Wrong
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »
Hello Chicagoans:

I've visited Chicago, but haven't been to Soldier Field.  What's the best way to get to the stadium -- public transportation or parking?

I'll probably rent a car to get from the airport (probably Midway) to downtown area.

Thanks!

Hi, I've been to a dozen shows and sporting events at Soldier Field over the years and I've never taken public transport to Soldier Field from the Northwest Suburbs. I've always driven and parked in the McCormick Place Garage. It's quite a bit cheaper than venue parking but it's a little bit of a walk but not too bad.

Offline Lemon269

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
If you are flying into Midway I would either take a train downtown and then bus it over the Soldier Field or find an Uber or some combination of the two.  Rental cars are shockingly expensive.  With Uber and public transportation you should be fine (and won't have to worry about parking cost either). If you do choose to park definitely do the McCormick Place Garage.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 06:06:20 PM »
Hello Chicagoans:

Thanks!

You can park right next to the stadium in one of the Soldier Field parking structures. However, it'll likely cost you at least $50--that's what I paid back in 2009 for the 360 tour. It was worth it to me since it was very no hassle parking.