Author Topic: What is the best way of buying tickets for the new tour  (Read 10101 times)

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
What is the best way of buying tickets for the new tour
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:35:03 AM »
As the boys probably won't be heading to Australia next tour (bastards :'()

I really want to know... what way do I go about buying tickets...

Because when you go with credit card, they are sold out in like 20 seconds!
I have decided that I will be going overseas to see them (United States/Europe) - Don't really know yet. My dad works for QANTAS so I get cheap flights =]

For those of you fans here that see more than one show per tour, do you see them all in your one city? Or do you travel around your respective country? Do you literally buy a ticket for each concert via your credit card, or do you have to go throu ebay?

I have thought about my plan on giving each of my friends a hundred dollars or so and setting them up in their homes on the corresponding websites and they can buy the ticket for me haha. Yes I am that desperate :).

Anyway some help would be appreciated  ;D

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
Re: What is the best way of buying tickets for the new tour
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »
I really just hope I get a Chance to see them.

Shame there not coming to Australia. That a bummer!

If I don't see them in london then somethings wrong lol. :D

Offline Northern Star

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As the boys probably won't be heading to Australia next tour (bastards :'()

I really want to know... what way do I go about buying tickets...

Because when you go with credit card, they are sold out in like 20 seconds!
I have decided that I will be going overseas to see them (United States/Europe) - Don't really know yet. My dad works for QANTAS so I get cheap flights =]

For those of you fans here that see more than one show per tour, do you see them all in your one city? Or do you travel around your respective country? Do you literally buy a ticket for each concert via your credit card, or do you have to go throu ebay?

I have thought about my plan on giving each of my friends a hundred dollars or so and setting them up in their homes on the corresponding websites and they can buy the ticket for me haha. Yes I am that desperate :).

Anyway some help would be appreciated  ;D

I've always had to travel to see U2 concerts, they never come near my little city!  My friends and I usually work together to get the tickets we want using credit cards.  Something that happens in the UK is that venues put batches of tickets up for sale at different intervals.  So it's worth regularly checking their websites to see if new tickets are on offer.  Also there is the U2.com allocation that I have used in the past.  Personally i've never bought tickets via Ebay, but I know people who have.  From what has been said I think the way tickets for the next tour may be sold may differ from in the past, so we may have to change how we get tickets in the future.   I do hope that they will go to Australia so you can see them there!

Offline NickyMcMillan

• Babyface
  • The More We Learn The Less We Know - OMD 1981
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
Just remember not to be disheartened on the first day of ticket sales, when the sold out signs go up and you don't have the tickets you want. Tickets are released quite often by the venue right upto show day.

Network! There are always people selling/looking to swap.

I've never had to pay above face value for a U2 ticket yet.

Good Luck!

Offline NickyMcMillan

• Babyface
  • The More We Learn The Less We Know - OMD 1981
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »
Hmmm.. I did not write good ****  >:( ???

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »
Is it censoring the word f***?

Update: Nicky, we'll look into this. It shouldn't be blocking out the word you used. With any luck, we'll fix it soon. Wish us luck!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 05:21:30 PM by m2 »

Offline Mirai

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »
Where has the band said they won't be coming to Australia?

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
Thanks to on-line scalpers tickets are not as easy to come by as they once were. I hope they have fixed it this time around. I usually have to travel to see them. Normally I will go anywhere with in an 8 hour drive to see them. Only got to see them once last tour though.

Like someone else said, don't get discouraged by how quick tickets go on the day of sale. There are always fans willing to trade  or help you out. U2 has some of the nicest and most generous fans in the world. And I've never paid more than face value for them, so don't look for scalpers.

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
I don't understand how people can get disheartened when they only got to see them once last tour. Once for me is amazing! i luckily got to see them last tour due to a friends illness. but obviously i dont think that my luck will be that great next time around. i honestly dont know how to approach buying tickets. any help would be welcome!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 07:19:51 PM »
1. Register and check fan websites
2. Try evil TM, with credit card in hand;
3. Curse
4. Call and email all your u2 buds
5. Hope and Prey you can afford a ticket
6. Bless, Hug and thank your U2buds if you score one! 
7. If no L U C K - You can try ebay;
8.  and/ or scalpers closer to the date of the concert, and outside the venue too. 

I've had   l u c k   with all of the above. 
Don't pay exhorbitant ticket broking prices unless you've hit the lotto.   ;)

Hope that helps!  And good  l u c k   to all ( when they're announced that is...)

PS - Hey m2 - "l u c k" is coming up as an expletive so yeah, you might want to fix that!  LOL.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:21:49 PM by p8ru2 »

Offline olay 17

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 04:16:32 AM »
First of all we don't know they are not coming to Australia!!! Actually they promsed to come back last time and we are tipped to be the least effected by the current world financial crisis, maybe they will start here.

If not then I will also try to see them in europe/usa, it be the ultimate adventure!

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »
First of all we don't know they are not coming to Australia!!! Actually they promsed to come back last time and we are tipped to be the least effected by the current world financial crisis, maybe they will start here.

If not then I will also try to see them in europe/usa, it be the ultimate adventure!

i would disagree with you on that financial crisis comment... the aussie dollar is doing pathetically at the moment GBP 1 was buying AUD $2.63 a few days ago...

it was nearly 1 for 2 a few months ago... economy is going crazy... knowing the size of production of a u2 gig... they wud have to put ticket prices thru the roof to just break even

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »
Last tour I ended up buying whatever tickets I could get through the general sale and then traded with fans to get tix for the shows I wanted to see.  There was a really good website that was set up but I forget what it was.  All the forums are good for swapping, too.  Also, the last tour company they used (ETS) had fairly reasonable ticket prices (when compared to scalpers) that were guaranteed and also included a pre-show party.  That company no longer exists so we'll see if they have a new one offering packages.

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »
Meh I'm probably going to go overseas to see them anyway. Probably Europe as I have friends I can stay with. I'm prepared to pay THOUSANDS though :D (lucky I can do this... no expenses at the moment hahah!)

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Staring at the Sun
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
For fair and even ticket trades, check out the U2Tours site around the time of the tour: