Author Topic: What is the best way of buying tickets for the new tour  (Read 9948 times)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: What is the best way of buying tickets for the new tour
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As the boys probably won't be heading to Australia next tour (bastards :'()

How do you know they won't be playing in Australia next tour? source?

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
For fair and even ticket trades, check out the U2Tours site around the time of the tour:

thanks, i will  ;D

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 06:12:32 PM »
As the boys probably won't be heading to Australia next tour (bastards :'()

How do you know they won't be playing in Australia next tour? source?

just call it a hunch i am almost 100% sure of but would give anything to be wrong about...

Offline Michael Samuelle

• Babyface
  • Michael & Nikita
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
I know U2 is using livenation for the new tour, but I'm not putting faith in this broker. I've never heard anything about them so I'm going to stick to what has been good to me over the past U2 tours. razorgator.com is the site I use. I've used them from Tom Petty concerts, Wrestlemania Tickets, Football Tickets and of course U2 concerts. They are the best hands down. I know going to ticket brokers other than the one the band is using is a no no, but I look at from the prespective of quality over quanity. Razorgator is easy to use and I've never had a single problem dealing with them. So if it's another disaster with getting U2 tickets, check out Razorgator.com 8)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 12:55:52 PM »
Thanks so much for the tip.  I'll need all the help I can get and I think I can trust the good advice from fellow U2 fans.  I've been a fan since they started but I have not seen them since the Joshua Tree.  It is a different world out there now buying tickets for a concert.  I really have to get to a show on this tour.  It really means a lot to me.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
Well, I sort of had a nightmare last night. I really did have a dream that I didn't get a ticket to the upcoming tour.  The last time I got tickets to U2 (JT tour), you actually stood in a line and bought tickets.  Or called. My husband used to get Springsteen tickets by calling Ticketmaster in another state the moment they went on sale instead of calling the local number here in the NYC area.  The lines were always busy for that one but he got right through in another state but of course got the NY show tickets.  It was a good idea but that was pre-internet. I am nervous because ordering online would be new to me and out of my comfort zone.  I think it is going to be next to impossible to get a ticket and I can't afford those re-sale prices. I am feeling a little pessimistic.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »
Well another way to get a ticket is to know someone. I usually don't know anyone when it comes to these things. But, now I have a small amount of optimism here. You see, my cousin has worked in the music business for many years, but I was never really interested in the artists that he represents. No U2 = no interest!! But he actually does work with the Black Eyed Peas. Mmmmm-will.i.am/U2/London.  I think it's time I call him and see how he is doing!!  This connection is quite a long shot but anything is worth a try to get a U2 ticket. You never know.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 06:15:55 AM by StrongGirl »