Author Topic: The Band Aren't Getting Any Younger  (Read 7527 times)

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
Re: The Band Aren't Getting Any Younger
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 04:43:48 AM »
I love the fact that the band is getting older...frankly, the fact that they keep dressing like teenagers is a bit pointless to me, they don't need that. I love older Bono. As I said in another thread, I'd love for him to not put on the sunglasses so often so that we could enjoy his older gaze more often.

As for Larry...Bono said himself that he is his Dorian Gray portrait : Bono's aging for Larry too ! That's the price to pay for eternal youth.

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 04:49:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
^ I never trust a My Chemical Romance fan

But your brother is OK though.

Never a truer word said Lol.

Thank's onetreehill. Yeah I realized that about trying to convert them lol. Might as well enjoy them all for myself lol. But yeah can't wait to see what the future brings.

Oh and how has everyone suddenly got such a high post count. Hope you havn't all been spamming. :D ;) ;)

Mal

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 06:05:04 AM »
I'm with daveyg, its cool growing up with them all these years, like a music family. I've told my kids my personal U2 stories and experiences and they think its cool, they might not get into U2 like me but they respect the band and the longivity of the music...They are the best band in the world. :)

mariamontreal

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 08:25:04 AM »
Unfortunatley neither are we . However , being the same age as they are , It just goes to show you what is age, a number, it's all how you feel and how you make the most out of life .U2 are the perfect example . Rock on guys !

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 12:10:47 PM »
And rock on mariamontreal! (I'm a 1961er!).  I couldn't have said it better myself!

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »
My dad was born in the same hospital and on the same day as The Edge! Barking Hospital in East London My nan does actually remember a welsh couple who knows?! thats his claim to fame!

Just thought I would throw that one out there.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
Very, very cool Dark Angel!

mariamontreal

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »
Thank you StrongGirl !

Offline guitarz

• Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 05:17:41 AM »
Great thread daveyg !!!

1- Being just a few months younger than Edge, ('61er myself) and in relatively good health for which I'm grateful, I don't see why these guys should stop doing what they love most: making and playing music. I know I envy what they're doing... I have the chance of doing a job I like a lot, it's not too demanding physically and I should be good for another 10-15 years easily if my mind and body don't betray me... Of course some days I can be a little low on job motivation as anyone, but it's nowhere near critical... As for their friendship/partnership, if it were to be a burden, it would have surfaced quite a few years ago I guess. I also got a few friends for the teenage years that survived the passage of time. Few, but true... With whom there were some times of closeness and also divergence, but in the end the friendship prevailed....

2- I sure hope they continue as long as it makes them happy. Can you imagine a "mini" U2 Tour ??? Of course I'd like to see them in smaller gigs if it were possible... Last year I saw Deep Purple in a relatively small (5000 people) venue. It was great seeing these guys on a small stage doing their stuff, and they seemed to still enjoy it too!!!  Still, U2 in Milan with 85000 cheering, singing Italians was something I'll never forget!!!

3- Bono can stop altogether the music side of his life and he'll be busy "until the end of the world" But I don't think he'll do that. Again it's a case of loving what you're doing and continuing enjoying it.
Edge is a natural, complete musician. Be it guitar, keyboards, singing, or whatever... it' in him. As he said in an interview about himself and the band, "We're not employable anywhere else".... So we should see him around doing music stuff if U2 takes a sideline.
Adam and to no less extent Larry, are now accomplished musicians, underrated in my opinion, and living a good life because of that. They could be ones wishing some down time. But with the new album, and hopefully a new tour, I guess it's now for now...

4- U2 have and will undoubtedly leave their mark in music's history as The Beatles and LZ. My kids know that I saw them live, and I can't wait to bring my teenage daughter along at the next concert. Boy (1980) is a retro album being almost 30 years old... But it still sounds fresh... You bet that a lot of newer and wannabee groups wish they could come out with Boy as is !!! (I'm singing Electric Co. in my head now because of that and the song just Rocks...)  ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:19:31 AM by guitarz »

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very, very cool Dark Angel!

Seeing as that is his claim to fame I find it kina lame, (I really hate accedently rhyming)

I would love to know where they lived in Barking. Anyone know? I do know its a long shot but you never know.