Author Topic: what album are you listening to?  (Read 177560 times)

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
Re: what album are you listening to?
« Reply #4350 on: January 30, 2017, 11:21:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Have you ever wondered why all the albums you are posting depict young women on the covers?   :P

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #4351 on: January 30, 2017, 01:24:44 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Have you ever wondered why all the albums you are posting depict young women on the covers?   :P

ha! i had never given it a thought really but as you mention and i think of it it i do of late tend to listen more to and enjoy more female artists than male ones....

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4352 on: January 30, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »

ha! i had never given it a thought really but as you mention and i think of it it i do of late tend to listen more to and enjoy more female artists than male ones....

You play the feminist card but really you are an old lech  :P

Do you like any of the female artists who were on 4AD?  Throwing Muses are one of my favourite bands and Kristin Hersh's solo album was one of the best of last year - yet to read a review where it gets less than 8.5/10.  Many others like the poppier sounds of Belly - of course, Tanya was in the Breeders for a short while.  Then there were other Brit bands like Cocteau Twins and Lush on 4AD.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4353 on: January 30, 2017, 02:01:20 PM »

Do you like any of the female artists who were on 4AD?  Throwing Muses are one of my favourite bands and Kristin Hersh's solo album was one of the best of last year - yet to read a review where it gets less than 8.5/10.  Many others like the poppier sounds of Belly - of course, Tanya was in the Breeders for a short while.  Then there were other Brit bands like Cocteau Twins and Lush on 4AD.

Girls and Guitars....whats not to like.

Some of the 4AD bands were boss...My love of The Breeders is well documented on here.

Do you remember this?

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4354 on: January 30, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »

Some of the 4AD bands were boss...My love of The Breeders is well documented on here.

Do you remember this?

Yeah remember that - actually the original Tim Buckley version is my last flame's favourite song.  It's a good cover too, adding something different, albeit the production is very 80s-sounding.

Here's Tanya taking lead on a Throwing Muses track.  It's great pop and a bit Breeders-esque (well she was guitarist in the Breeders for a while): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4355 on: January 30, 2017, 02:18:08 PM »

Do you remember this?

Yeah remember that - actually the original Tim Buckley version is my last flame's favourite song.  It's a good cover too, adding something different, albeit the production is very 80s-sounding.

Here's Tanya taking lead on a Throwing Muses track.  It's great pop and a bit Breeders-esque (well she was guitarist in the Breeders for a while): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I loved Throwing Muses...best song of theirs for me is this... here is a boss live performance.

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4356 on: January 30, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »

Do you remember this?

I loved Throwing Muses...best song of theirs for me is this... here is a boss live performance.

You loved Throwing Muses?  What exquisite taste you have  :)  Furious is a great song off a fantastic album: Red Heaven.  I was at that show that video comes from.  I took loads of friends and apart from Furious and Two Step all they did was stuff off that awful self-title album they released that year (2003).  Very disappointing.

You should've gone to the Throwing Muses shows at Islington Town Hall a couple of years back as Tanya was support and they did several songs with her for the first time in over 20 years, e.g.: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4357 on: January 30, 2017, 02:47:54 PM »

Do you remember this?

You loved Throwing Muses?  What exquisite taste you have  :)  Furious is a great song off a fantastic album: Red Heaven.  I was at that show that video comes from.  I took loads of friends and apart from Furious and Two Step all they did was stuff off that awful self-title album they released that year (2003).  Very disappointing.

You should've gone to the Throwing Muses shows at Islington Town Hall a couple of years back as Tanya was support and they did several songs with her for the first time in over 20 years, e.g.: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That is a really good video.

That self titled album wasn't that bad.

I haven't heard the Kristin so album you mention yet

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4358 on: January 30, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »

Do you remember this?

Here it is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  It's actually the best solo album she's put out IMO.  If you buy the CD you get a hardback book full of stories/writing which explains what each song is about.  Very nice package. 

She toured a couple of months ago but sadly didn't play many songs off it as she was told we'd all hate her if she forced new material on us  :P

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4359 on: January 30, 2017, 03:11:51 PM »

Do you remember this?

Here it is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  It's actually the best solo album she's put out IMO.  If you buy the CD you get a hardback book full of stories/writing which explains what each song is about.  Very nice package. 

She toured a couple of months ago but sadly didn't play many songs off it as she was told we'd all hate her if she forced new material on us  :P

Nice one, pal....

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #4360 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:28 AM »

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #4361 on: February 01, 2017, 03:04:39 AM »
Stones - Blue and lonesome

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #4362 on: February 08, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »
The Best Of Miles Davis : The Capitol/Blue Note Years