Author Topic: what album are you listening to?  (Read 184159 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: what album are you listening to?
« Reply #4410 on: April 17, 2017, 08:46:56 AM »
This one comes heartily recommended.....only heard this last week for first time after a friend told me about it....check it out it is stunning.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #4411 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar

Damn good album

Yessss, Damn it is fire. So much energy. Probably even trumps TPAB as my favourite Kenny Album.

This album at Joey Bada$$ - All AmeriKKKan Badass, are the setting the bar for hip hop in 2017/
Favourite song?

Man I can totally agree here with everything. This is my favorite Kendrick album. All his past albums have been great but for some reason they haven't had much repeat value for me. This album I can't stop going back to.

And as for Joey Bada$$ he finally hit the mark for me here too. I've always respected his talent, but his albums never sparked me. This album hits every thing I want to hear and it's the new generation of political rap. Both albums are absolutely perfect.

Offline two hearts

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4412 on: April 23, 2017, 04:56:39 AM »
 "New shores"  Black submarine

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #4413 on: April 23, 2017, 05:08:03 AM »
Depeche Mode - Spirit

Offline rubbersoul

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4414 on: April 23, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zedg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • *POP*
« Reply #4415 on: April 27, 2017, 06:09:38 AM »

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #4416 on: May 01, 2017, 10:31:58 AM »
Humanz by Gorillaz. Not as good as Demon Days but far better than Plastic Beach.. 8/10.

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #4417 on: May 02, 2017, 06:59:12 AM »
Black Sands by Bonobo

Offline zedg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • *POP*
« Reply #4418 on: May 03, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »
Humanz by Gorillaz. Not as good as Demon Days but far better than Plastic Beach.. 8/10.

IMO, not even close to being as good as Plastic Beach, which is fantastic. I would say Humanz is their worst.. a real letdown - disappointed.

Good if you enjoy it, but many people seem to have the same feelings about it as I do. Can barely tell you are listening to a Gorrilaz album, although I adore Saturnz Barz, which has that pure Gorrillaz sound/quality.

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #4419 on: May 03, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »

IMO, not even close to being as good as Plastic Beach, which is fantastic. I would say Humanz is their worst.. a real letdown - disappointed.

Good if you enjoy it, but many people seem to have the same feelings about it as I do. Can barely tell you are listening to a Gorrilaz album, although I adore Saturnz Barz, which has that pure Gorrillaz sound/quality.

I agree, I really didn't care for it.  I love Albarn and I love his willingness to collaborate, but I feel he got drained out in the process.  There's not a lot of 2D on the album, I feel Plastic Beach handled the collabs better.  Also, where are the gorgeous melodies?  Plastic Beach had plenty, but they're severely lacking here.   I'd say Demon Days is still my favorite, but i enjoy self-titled and Plastic Beach greatly.  Hell, even The Fall, is better than this.  I saw them on the last tour, which was tremendous fun.  However I think I may pass on his one. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:36:15 AM by DK46 »

Offline rubbersoul

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4420 on: May 04, 2017, 11:21:58 AM »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #4421 on: May 04, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4422 on: May 05, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »
Blondie's new LP "Pollinator" which is by far the best material they've put out for a while.

Offline rubbersoul

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4423 on: May 06, 2017, 12:21:13 AM »

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #4424 on: May 06, 2017, 10:05:47 PM »
I was driving home after a show tonight and put this on as I hadn't listened to in awhile.  Holy s**t, what an album.  I can see what Bono meant about wanting to make a nighttime record and it's so evocative of that.  It really suits the mood, especially driving on a well lit highway.  When Always Forever Now came on...simply heaven.  It does make one yearn for them to do something like this again, a follow up perhaps, but a dream is where that will end sadly.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:34:15 PM by DK46 »