Author Topic: Got Gillette tickets easy  (Read 4273 times)

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Got Gillette tickets easy
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
where does it say it was added?

u2.com

New York and Boston both got shows added.

Offline alexo

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:56 AM »
right on!! granted, i paid a little extra to get them off ebay, but at least i have them. now being a poor college student, is it worth it to spring for a second show?? What are your thoughts on back to back shows.

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »
right on!! granted, i paid a little extra to get them off ebay, but at least i have them. now being a poor college student, is it worth it to spring for a second show?? What are your thoughts on back to back shows.

Isn't Gillette a huge pain in the butt to get to?  Back to back shows are very tiring - especially if you're in GA.  I'd just go all out on one show personally, but whatever floats your boat.

Remember you're not going to have that same excitement for the 2nd show - that same buzz.  Plus you've got to fight that traffic, get screwed on parking, wait in bathroom lines, and be chilly for 3-5 hours all over again.  And for me, dealing with the hangover, the achy bones... ugh.  Come to think of it, I'm not even sure I want to go at all now!  J/K.

Offline girlwithcrimsonnails

• Babyface
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »
Did anyone try actually going to a Ticketmaster?  I'm hoping this will be easier.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »

Isn't Gillette a huge pain in the butt to get to?  Back to back shows are very tiring - especially if you're in GA.  I'd just go all out on one show personally, but whatever floats your boat.

Remember you're not going to have that same excitement for the 2nd show - that same buzz.  Plus you've got to fight that traffic, get screwed on parking, wait in bathroom lines, and be chilly for 3-5 hours all over again.  And for me, dealing with the hangover, the achy bones... ugh.  Come to think of it, I'm not even sure I want to go at all now!  J/K. Gillette's not really a pain to get too now....lots of road improvements since the Foxboro Stadium (two lanes in/out) days!

Offline ultraviolet75

• Wanderer
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 11:29:21 AM »
Id love to hear info on Gillette stadium. I actually have never been there. Is parking really a nightmare? 

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 11:33:06 AM »
Parking is not a lot of fun...where is parking fun when 65,000 people are going to be? Again it has improved greatly over the past 5 years or so...do remember though that parking (2 summers ago) is $40.00 at any of the stadium owned(closest) lots. Get there early, crack open a cold one, don't be in a hurry........ have fun.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:28:57 PM by wrldchamps04 »

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »
Because I was shut out today, should I wait until next Monday to try again with the 2nd show or buy tickets off eBay or something like that?

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 12:50:41 PM »
Because I was shut out today, should I wait until next Monday to try again with the 2nd show or buy tickets off eBay or something like that?

I was shut out too =( Before the second show was announced my friend bought us 3 tickets off another website. So what we are going to do is hold on to them and try again for Monday to see if we could get something better.

I'd wait =)

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »
I'd wait,try again..plus the added show will make the secondary market smaller....either way be patient....long way til show.....

Offline ultraviolet75

• Wanderer
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »
I notice its says 7pm....does this mean they will start playing at 7pm??

The second show is on weekday... how early do you suppose one should get to the Gilette stadium??  With people getting out of work  & traffic.....ugh... 

Im trying to remeber how it was aat the Boston Garden... I know they went on stage at 9pm sharp...but cant recall what tickets said.

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:55 PM »
I notice its says 7pm....does this mean they will start playing at 7pm??

The second show is on weekday... how early do you suppose one should get to the Gilette stadium??  With people getting out of work  & traffic.....ugh... 

Im trying to remeber how it was aat the Boston Garden... I know they went on stage at 9pm sharp...but cant recall what tickets said.

Snow Patrol is opening for them and they will probably go on stage some time between 7-7:30 and then U2 probably won't be on until 9.

If you are going to the second show on Monday, I'd reccomend taking the day off work if you can and try to get there as early as possible.  The earlier you get there the closer to the parking exit you will be and it will be easier to get out. 

Offline ultraviolet75

• Wanderer
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »
Thanks for info!

Ya, I personally wouldnt mind taking the day off work (Im the Nutty U2 fan in my group), the other two I dont think would do that. Although when I mentioned this concert, a friend of a friend who is going with me went as far as renting a hotel room for the night?? That took me back? I mean do people do that? LOL I personally dont drink at U2 concerts, Im really there for the experience not to just be entertained but I know there are others who enjoy getting hammered at concerts.

Id much rather get there early as suggested...

andyt

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »
GA tickets popped right up.  I'm happy for me but the resale market is apparently going to be SOOOOFT.  Which stinks because there's only a 25% chance I'll be making this show to begin with, and in the past I'd have been able to sell them for a nice profit - this year I'll probably take a hit.

Oh right - that's nice. What makes you any different from a scalper then?

Nothing.

Offline alexo

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
GA tickets popped right up.  I'm happy for me but the resale market is apparently going to be SOOOOFT.  Which stinks because there's only a 25% chance I'll be making this show to begin with, and in the past I'd have been able to sell them for a nice profit - this year I'll probably take a hit.

Oh right - that's nice. What makes you any different from a scalper then?

Nothing.

+1