Author Topic: Did anyone get tickets through a Ticketmaster outlet?  (Read 5658 times)

Offline girlwithcrimsonnails

• Babyface
Did anyone get tickets through a Ticketmaster outlet?
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »
Not sure if I want to try to get tickets online or at an outlet or both.  Did anyone have better luck getting them in person, and if so are the fees cheaper than getting them online?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: Did anyone get tickets through a Ticketmaster outlet?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:34 AM »
The fees are the same. Somebody I know told me that she heard that there was more success in person than online. Your mileage may vary.

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:51:57 AM »
I use to work for the devil (ticketmaster), and I can say as long as you have a good internet connection, you are better off online. Outlets are employed by non-ticketmaster employees and a lot can go wrong. For example, I know several outlets that use to pull tix as soon as they went on sale for their employees and then started selling to thepeople in line. Plus if they institute a lottery system (which they probably will) it won't matter what time you show up. You could be the first in line and end up at the back.
Take your chances online.

Also, calling rarely works.
If you must call, Try getting in about 5-6 minutes early and buy tickets for some cheap show (baseball tix are usually cheap). Then when the U2 tix go on sale you'll already be in que. They may have amended their procedures from preventing this from happening though.

The last piece of advice I have is don't trust anything a ticketmaster rep tells you. Sold out does not mean sold out. Seats are constantly put back in the system. And they do not care if you are a scalper. They use to have measurements in place to prevent ticket scalpers from buying up large amounts of tix, but those were considered too "costly" and now with some minor tweaking of buying methods, you can get whatever and how ever many tix you want for general on sales. Fan Club sales are a bit different and more secure.

On the last part of my rant... I want to see U2 set up a Spingsteen-like ticket policy. His and Prince's are the only two policies that I have ever seen that actually do deter scalpers. What they do is make all the really good seats available for will-call pick up only. Only the person buying the tickets and their guest are allowed to pick up the tickets and then enter the facility.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »
Great post, bonovox... nice to have some inside info from a former "devil"...  ;)

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
Any time I can help  ;D

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »
Someone in my network was able to get GAs for Chicago via a Ticketmaster Retail Outlet.

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Someone in my network was able to get GAs for Chicago via a Ticketmaster Retail Outlet.

I'm not saying it doesn't work. Sometimes you can get good seats that way. You are taking a chance with outlets. They are not regulated in the same way as online or over the phone. And your odds of getting great seats are less. Now if you have a bad internet connection or slow computer, then try the outlets or over the phone definitely. To each his/her own.
But as a former employee I am always wanting to try and help people beat the ticketmaster system. 
I've gotten great seats at outlets in the past, but rule of thumb when talking about Ticketmaster it is easier on line.

Gone are the days of camping out and just buying tickets. It use to be so simple before computers.

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:43:09 PM »
Sorry, I didn't mean to contradict or discount your advice.  I personally got tickets online & prefer that method.  Using a Ticketmaster agent at a ticketmaster outlet has always proved to be disastrous for me.  But for some reason, my friends all seem to have luck with scoring tickets in person.  And it seems like they're just as adamantly against online purchases as I am about in-person purchases.

For the record, I agree with you 100% that it's easier and your chances are greater by using the website.  Just wanted to suggest to the people that insist on going to a retail outlet that apparently it's not impossible.

Offline u2buckeye

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
NIN has their fanclub stuff together in terms of buying tickets.  They make you pick the tickets up the day of the show and they even have your name on them and then you get to go in your own special entrance an hour before everyone else so you can get your spot. Oh yea, and their fanclub is FREE!

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
No hard feelings muthangya  :)
And yeah I did hear that about NIN, that is the exact same policy Springsteen and Prince have. I wish more people would adopt it, then we might be able to nix this scalping thing. They are the ones that make it hard to get tickets for not just fans but anyone that wants to go. And worse yet, most states are now legalizing this practice. ???