Author Topic: @U2 Home Page  (Read 5820 times)

Alton Dalton

@U2 Home Page
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
I'm probably completely missing this, but there doesn't seem to be a facility in the forum to link you back to the main @U2 site. If memory serves, didn't we have this facility in the old forum? ???

shockdocta22

Re: @U2 Home Page
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
I was going to ask this, but saw it was here, so ill post here

Can we have a link back to the @U2 site from the forum please?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
It's on a list of things to do when we upgrade the site. You are correct; we need that.

Thanks.

shockdocta22

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »
Thanks Joe :)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
A question: is there a link back to @U2 since the upgrade? Or are we still in final touches mode  :)?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A question: is there a link back to @U2 since the upgrade? Or are we still in final touches mode  :)?

By site I meant the @U2 web site and not the forum, so we still haven't upgraded that. At this point, we don't have a link back to the site that I am aware of.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »

By site I meant the @U2 web site and not the forum, so we still haven't upgraded that. At this point, we don't have a link back to the site that I am aware of.

Thanks Joe  :)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »
At the risk of coming across mean and snarky and making even more people afraid of me ... :-) ... I have to ask:

Is it really that difficult to type You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login into your browser address bar? And if you've visited the main site recently, the address is probably already saved, right? So all you do is type "atu" and I'm guessing the full You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login address appears in your address bar, so you just hit ENTER and you're done.

In any case, there's probably some kind of mod/plugin that we can install to add a link to the main site. Of course, once we add another plugin to the forum, it'll probably go in the tank again like this weekend and we'll have the joy of rebuilding from scratch again. Wheeee! ;-)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
At the risk of coming across mean and snarky and making even more people afraid of me ... :-) ... I have to ask:

Is it really that difficult to type You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login into your browser address bar? And if you've visited the main site recently, the address is probably already saved, right? So all you do is type "atu" and I'm guessing the full You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login address appears in your address bar, so you just hit ENTER and you're done.

In any case, there's probably some kind of mod/plugin that we can install to add a link to the main site. Of course, once we add another plugin to the forum, it'll probably go in the tank again like this weekend and we'll have the joy of rebuilding from scratch again. Wheeee! ;-)

Your "happy" responces are both creepy and amusing  :D

And I forgot to say thanks for the upgrade  :)

T H A N K   Y O U  ;D

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »

awww m2 dont say things like that! you are like the great grandfather who everyone respects but is slightly scared of because of his wisdom! becides its the younger members!

...or you are marlon Brando's Godfather! you choose  :P

;D

and a little confession: I don't miss the link back, I mean it is just easier (for me anyway) to type a into my browser and it pops up!  :)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »
Heheheheeee ... "creepy and amusing." I love it.

DarkAngel ... having recently turned 40, I'm a little sensitive to the "great grandfather" title. How about just Dad or something? ;-)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 01:09:10 AM »
awww I'm sorry!  :P erm how about best daddy in the world?