Author Topic: Get in Shape with U2!  (Read 198029 times)

Offline a Name for a Girl

• Precious Stone
  • mild and green and squeaky-clean
Re: Get in Shape with U2!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh dear.  I already have been working out and dieting.  Does this mean I need to do more?  Moan.

It is amazing how hard one has to work at 28 to look like she did effortlessly at 20.   >:(

If you've already got the diet and exercise thing down, you don't have to do MORE - just come here and inspire the rest of us!!  :-)

I'm pretty consistant with exercise, but then undo all the good I did by eating (or drinking!) more than I should.  I need to step up my workouts and eat better! Today was a good first step - I did step aerobics, some strength training, and ate healthy.   

It's great so many people are into this with me!

StrongGirl, we'll show Saint Mike!!  I have no shot at getting pulled up on stage (don't have GA tickets) but I'll send Bono-vibes your way!

I wouldn't say I have it down.  It is more like I've been doing it for awhile and am bored of it.  I stopped counting calories a month or so ago. . .  :-\  Maybe I'll make myself post my calorie intake here every day.  Or not.  Ugh! 

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
I just got a Wii 2 weeks ago and I made little U2 mii's, and I'm telling you, it's very inspiring to do step aerobics next to Edge, or to have Larry and Adam throw hula hoops at you, or to have Bono pass you while jogging!  ;D

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »
This is a great thread.  Ever since I got my Shuffle I have been exercising more - nothing like hearing one great U2 song after another!     I am grateful for the encouragement, especially on days that I am so tired that I just don't feel like working out.  Gotta look good for Adam . . .  ;D

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »
I'm in!  I've already been trying to work out more and eat better.  I started in January and so far have lost 7 lbs.  Not too much, but headed in the right direction.  I still want to lose another 20, hopefully before Dublin!  Maybe we should make a good U2 playlist to work out to.  I love running to Mofo!!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »
I'm in!  I've already been trying to work out more and eat better.  I started in January and so far have lost 7 lbs.  Not too much, but headed in the right direction.  I still want to lose another 20, hopefully before Dublin!  Maybe we should make a good U2 playlist to work out to.  I love running to Mofo!!
Great job vicki! I'll be your support buddy if you'd like. PM me if you feel you are going to cheat! ;D I am going to really try as well.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »
Great job vicki! I'll be your support buddy if you'd like. PM me if you feel you are going to cheat! ;D I am going to really try as well.

Good luck SG!  I'm sure Bono will appreciate all our hard work  ;)

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »
I have always battled with the weight - I was fairly sickly as a child/early teen & when I got into high school I wasn't allowed on a lot of the sports teams because the coaches were afraid of my previous health problems. 

I find it ironic that I was in my best shape when I was a baker/cake decorator.  All those lifting buckets of fillings, bags of mixes, bread pans etc., really toned me.  Now I sit at a computer all day.  I went for a walk earlier, over an hour - its a start!

Offline a Name for a Girl

• Precious Stone
  • mild and green and squeaky-clean
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2009, 09:27:05 PM »

7 lbs since January is GREAT!  And I love running to "Streets," though I end up at a pace I can't maintain. 

Witsa, that is funny about the baking thing!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2009, 10:33:02 PM »
OMG I SO need this thread!
Thanks for starting it!

I have Fibromyalgia so my only hope of surviving GA is to work out long and hard between now and Sept 12. I've been doing about 20 minutes a day on a 'health rider' which is a rocking horse kind of exercise machine. I'm going to add weight lifting as I get stronger. I can't run, no knees for it.

I'm overweight but don't smoke so there is hope.

Thanks for getting this/us going!

Birdlover

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 09:32:21 AM »
Good morning, everyone!

Today I took a 3 mile walk.  Tonight I'm going to Famous Dave's for ribs, beer, and blues, so I have to behave myself until then!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »
2.5 mile walk and yoga this rmorning. Eschewed the usual Sunday morning breakfast.

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
*sigh* it is sunny & warm, I shoud go for a walk - I just have no motivation today! >:(
I was thinking I was going to walk to a different grocery store, then the next thought was oooh, donuts!  there's a donut place near there!  that totally defeats the purpose! 

I did do some back (& 'core') exercises a few hours ago.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • OH DEAR GOD IT BURRNS!
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »
Remember folks: No shortcut routines!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As you can see, this kat is klearly not doing his part korrectly.

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2009, 01:19:08 PM »
Do you all know about Spark People?  It's a great FREE site that lets you track food, fitness, etc.  Even has free workout videos, including a couple 7-day/week, month-long boot camp video rotations.  (They are basically 10 minute strength-training segments.)  

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
I applaud all of you for getting into shape!  I'm a fitness instructor, but I still need to find the time to work out.  Luckily, every three months, I receive new choreography for the two classes I teach and put in a lot of overtime learning it.  And teaching it!  I'm in the middle of that right now.

If only I could make myself eat better...!