Author Topic: Get in Shape with U2!  (Read 206561 times)

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
Re: Get in Shape with U2!
« Reply #5985 on: October 29, 2012, 10:16:08 AM »
BSS, you're in school right?  I don't remember if it's high school or college but can you work out in your school gym/rec center?  Or do your running in the afternoon sun instead of the early mornings?

In December, my team does this thing to keep everyone on track.  We committ to running AT LEAST 2 miles a day for the whole month.  Every Sunday we report back to the team our total mileage.

Online Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #5986 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
My college's fitness center was the best deal I've ever had for a gym ($12 for 6 months)!  Now I'm a teacher in a small charter high school (so no on-campus fitness facility), but we've found the second best deal on earth at our local Jewish Community Center (it's $25/month but clean and modern with cool class offerings).

Even though my husband and I are very good about going to the gym (gotta get our money's worth, after all) the holiday always brings that rush of errands, parties, and responsibilities that really cuts into the routine.  Oh yeah...there's also all that extra food that seems to materialized just about everywhere.  ;)

I'm thinking I might set a mileage goal for November (starting on Thursday) and slightly less ambitious goal for December. I currently run about 10.5 miles per week.   For November, I'm thinking 32 miles is reasonable, given the Thanksgiving interruptions. 

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
  • RAN the Marine Corps Marathon 10/30/2011
« Reply #5987 on: November 09, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've now lost a total of 16 lbs since I started running!

Only a little more belly flab to get rid of. :)

That's so awesome!

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5988 on: November 09, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »
I am not sure how many friends I still have in here.   HELLO!  HELLO!  Everyone!  My name is Misty and I am a runner!  I would love to make some new friends and share what I know about running if you'd like!

Offline northstarjo

• Holy Joe
  • I've got your life inside of me...
« Reply #5989 on: November 09, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
I am not sure how many friends I still have in here.   HELLO!  HELLO!  Everyone!  My name is Misty and I am a runner!  I would love to make some new friends and share what I know about running if you'd like!

ooh ooh - I know you!!!! ;)

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5990 on: November 09, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »

I am going to be checking in here more .. LOL!

Offline northstarjo

• Holy Joe
  • I've got your life inside of me...
« Reply #5991 on: November 09, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

hurray!!! ;D

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #5992 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »

hurray!!! ;D
Hurray again!!! ;D

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #5993 on: November 22, 2012, 11:10:48 AM »

hurray!!! ;D
Hurray again!!! ;D

So I'm back on here, and after 3 weeks of being lazy after the season ended I've decided to get back into running. It's amazing how much training you can lose after 3 weeks.....

Online Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #5994 on: November 22, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
Hi athletes! Dream bumped this thread and reminded me that holidays have started taking their toll on my fitness routine already!  ::) Uh-oh!

Today we're taking the dog up to Runyon Canyon, which you've probably seen in any television series filmed in/set in Los Angeles because it's where everyone goes for scenic urban hiking. It's a bit of a drive and a serious drag to find parking, but the views are stellar and we're hoping that Thanksgiving will keep most families at home.

In other news, I placed an order for new running shoes.  I love our local running store! Although I was chastised for holding onto my Asics for a few months too long (thus explaining some recurring heel and arch pain) the kind employees helped me pick out my next perfect pair of shoes.  I almost went with the Brooks shoes that everyone raves about, but they just didn't feel right.  My new Asics are quite loud in the color department, so it'll make me happy every time I lace 'em up to run!

Last note: I am able to dance and rock out at concerts much better than I was about 2-3 years ago. There's far less sweating and I don't even need breaks anymore!  My mom says I'm going through some hold-onto-my-youth-at-all-costs phase, but I'm thinking that my weekly runs have added years to my ability to pretend to be 20 again.  ;D

• Elevated
« Reply #5995 on: November 23, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
That's great you're getting so in shape BSS, I'm proud of you!! And new running shoes, I am kind of jealous  ;) You should post a pic of you can (I'm one of those people who fall in love with athletic wear and shoes if you can't tell  ;) ) The best part of new shoes is seeing how clean they look compared to your old ones  ;D We have some really good running stores around us. Personally, I'm a Mizuno person but I know a lot of people who run in asics and brooks

Online EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5996 on: November 23, 2012, 03:41:36 PM »
I rode my bike to the library again (only to find that it was closed). So that's my workout for the day. :D

Imagine riding your bike down this empty street (it was a residential neighborhood) and seeing all these leaves falling from the trees, and a family is playing with their kids outside in the front yard, and the sky is cloudy but you can still see specks of blue, and you're headed to one of your favorite places and you just feel so free because you're taking yourself there instead of having to rely on someone else, and getting a workout out of it too. That's why I love riding my bike!

• Elevated
« Reply #5997 on: November 24, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »
Bicycle, bicycle  ;D

Hey guys, we're at 400 pages of U2 fitness!! YAY!

Online EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5998 on: November 25, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »
Don't get that song stuck in my head again, Dream. :P

Happy 400 pages!

I went to a body sculpt class yesterday at the Y... it was fun. But I just woke up and my arms hurt. This is why it's important to stretch out... :P

• Elevated
« Reply #5999 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
Oh I know! I've suffered from not stretching before. And I need some motivation to run cause I've been slacking A LOT  :P