Author Topic: Have you ever not been into U2?  (Read 3358 times)

shockdocta22

Have you ever not been into U2?
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
After you started loving U2, have you ever found yourself not liking them as much or not loving them?

I have, i am getting through it, very tough

countrygirl

Re: Have you ever not been into U2?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
yeah, I strayed away during the "zoo" and "pop" time.  I kind of went into another direction and started listening to heavy metal. :( :( :( I know, it's shocking!!!
But, they won me back soon after all that.  I'm here to stay!!!!!!

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After you started loving U2, have you ever found yourself not liking them as much or not loving them?

I have, i am getting through it, very tough

I had a cold war right after Macphisto reared his ugly head. I started my addiction in 83 but that really pi**ed me off. Going back now I listen to Zooropa and Pop without convulsing violently.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »
Although I have come to really appreciate it now, I did stray a bit during the POP album and tour.

I am sorry Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam :'(   Please forgive me.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »
never  :-\  achtung baby pi**ed me off for 2 days when it was released. then it became my favorite.

okay..so for 2 whole days i was shaking my fist at them. does that count?

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »
^ traitor  >:(

U2 and I totally broke up during POP but we got back together with ATYCLB and now POP is one of my favorite albums.  Although I must say right now I'm not really listening to them much.  I'm sure I will when the tour starts.

Offline sister moon

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 11:53:08 PM »
same here, I dropped out of "POP", really didn't give it much of a chance, but then I was busy with a new baby and no free time. got back into them before ATYCLB was released.

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 12:02:28 AM »
Since falling in love with them in 1989, I "broke up" with them for about 3 weeks when Achtung Baby first came out. We also went through a little rough spell when the first leg of the ZooTV tour sold out before I could get a ticket. I tore down my posters & everything because I was so heartbroken. I came to my senses, AB became my favorite, I got to see the show on the second leg of the tour, & I never left them again.  :)

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 05:33:16 PM »
I could take them or leave them in the 80s, fell in love with them in the 90s, fell out of love with them in the 00's but have kissed and made up after NLOTH

Offline Immy1992

• Elevated
  • oh sugar, don't you cry
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 05:58:40 PM »
can't really answer that cuz i was only born in '92. i think as soon as i could appreciate music i was into them, cant really remember lol

Offline MoodyGirl09

• Refugee
  • It's all about me and what I want
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Although I have come to really appreciate it now, I did stray a bit during the POP album and tour.

I am sorry Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam :'(   Please forgive me.

I know how you feel.  It happened for me around the emergence of Zooropa.  Lemon to be exact, which is when they lost me for about a minute, but I quickly recovered.   Alas, when POP arrived, I was so distraught that I actually passed up tickets to the tour.  It was sad  :(  In retrospective when I watch the Mexico DVD and other bootlegs from Popmart, I realize that I was only hurting myself because those shows looked amazing.  It's taken 12 years, but I've actually warmed up to POP and love some of those songs.  Clearly the lads were more progressive than I was at the time. 

hurricane hugo

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 11:51:40 PM »
I was totally not into them for quite a while.

Then I heard them for the 1st time.

#@!

Offline kboman

• Wanderer
  • begin again, again and again
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 05:53:09 AM »
I think it started after the somewhat weak Popmart gig I saw (Copenhagen). Then came the ATYCLB copout - but the tour was great! - and I've more or less lost interest in the band even though I have all the albums. The members are still interesting people, but most of the music sounds like any other bland FM radio filler.

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 06:01:23 AM »
HTDAAB was a disappointment. I couldn't get into this album, even though I tried.

Offline TheFly

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 06:44:34 AM »
I really got into U2 during the Achtung Baby, Zooropa, ZooTV period. After four years though, waiting for the next album, i got into other music that i was hearing for the first time and the Discotheque single was just too different for me to like at that time. I'm pleased to say that Beautiful Day made me take notice again, the album even more so, and theybecame my second favourite band of all time, a position they still hold to this day.