Author Topic: Have you ever not been into U2?  (Read 4365 times)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
Re: Have you ever not been into U2?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
My story is the same as so many others.  I feel in love with them young, (1983), loved them passionately throughout the 80's, but we lost touch in the 90's.  I dated other bands, but kept up with them through the grapevine.  Then, with ACTYCLB, our eyes met across a crowded room, and I fell in love all over again.  I have remained faithful ever since.  Trust me, love is just as good the second time around.   :D

shockdocta22

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 10:41:55 AM »
Ive found that ive been listening to other bands recently, but if i listen to the regular U2 classics (pride, wowy, sbs, one...)  i start liking them more, but i have been thinking there is just better music out there... :'(

help

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »
Now may be the closest time I will not be into U2.  Their new album is just so uninteresting.

Cheers,

J

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ive found that ive been listening to other bands recently, but if i listen to the regular U2 classics (pride, wowy, sbs, one...)  i start liking them more, but i have been thinking there is just better music out there... :'(

help

Step away from the radio, Shock.  It's not true, and you know it.  They are just trying to seduce you with their catchy top-40 drivel.  I want you to go listen to JT or AB or whatever floats your boat, and repeat over and over, "U2 are the best band ever.  U2 are the best band ever."  I think it's just your concussion talking, son.   :D

shockdocta22

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »

help

Step away from the radio, Shock.  It's not true, and you know it.  They are just trying to seduce you with their catchy top-40 drivel.  I want you to go listen to JT or AB or whatever floats your boat, and repeat over and over, "U2 are the best band ever.  U2 are the best band ever."  I think it's just your concussion talking, son.   :D

:D :D :D 

Actually, i still hate radio music, even more now

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 06:02:32 PM »
I also strayed a bit during the Pop era. I thought the Kmart press conference was asinine. Still do. Like Pop as an album now, though.

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
I liked the Joshua Tree, I LOVED Achtung Baby, Zooropa puzzled me, and Pop lost me.  I considered U2 my 2nd favorite band and always got the new albums for Christmas, but for several years I didn't listen to much music much at all.  When I got my iPod I imported all my CDs and actually started listening to music again - and completely fell in love with U2.  They went from being a casual appreciation to a major obsession, and it's been that way ever since.  I enjoy NLOTH, and am super excited about seeing them in concert for the first time, I'm a bigger fan now than ever!

PS - I love Pop now!

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »
I also strayed a bit during the Pop era. I thought the Kmart press conference was asinine. Still do. Like Pop as an album now, though.

I distinctly remember the KMart press conference, too, uplate.  I remember rolling my eyes and thinking it was really stupid and a little embarrassing.  Ack!  Let's put all bad memories behind us, shall we?   :D

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »

I distinctly remember the KMart press conference, too, uplate.  I remember rolling my eyes and thinking it was really stupid and a little embarrassing.  Ack!  Let's put all bad memories behind us, shall we?   :D

It took place at the Kmart I shopped at! I had no words. Everyone I knew thought it was even lamer than building a Kmart in Astor Place in the first place. I wonder if U2 was even aware of the opposition to the Kmart itself?*

*Obviously, most of us ended up shopping there anyway. Just like a lot of us bought the album anyway. Doesn't make the Kmart or the press conference cool.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:12:21 PM by uplate6674 »

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
Pop era- including the Kmart press conference was by far my favourite ( so far )

Revolver7

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
I'm not really into the "current" U2...:-\
I've just been listening to the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop a lot

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 05:35:18 AM »
Now may be the closest time I will not be into U2.  Their new album is just so uninteresting.

Cheers,

J

Okay, your loss.

Offline Lemon-Twist

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lay Your Love On The Track
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 05:41:38 AM »
Never,There are spells when you don't listen to them as much as youd like but I would say they have always been my Favourite band.FULL STOP

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »
I used to dislike them, greatly.   :o

The radio station my parents listened to played With or Without You about 1,000,000 times, and I just got sick of it.  Other than that song and ISHFWILF, I didn't know many other songs, and didn't care to.  It was only after I really started listening to them that I liked them more and more.  WOWY is ok now, but I'm still not quite over hearing it so many freaking times.

Achtung Baby as an album is brilliant, and I've always liked One.

Offline RobBankRobber

• Refugee
  • I kissed your lips and broke your heart.
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »

Cheers,

J

Okay, your loss.

He's entitled to his own opinion.

I too am not big on the new record. It sounds a bit uninspired and bland at times. There's a reason it's struggling. And it's not because the general public listens to "bad" music. The last two albums did extremely well and Britney Spears existed then also.

As for not being into them, I seem to lose interest a bit when they go years without doing anything.