Author Topic: Have you ever not been into U2?  (Read 4353 times)

jimyjazz

Re: Have you ever not been into U2?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »
From the Super Bowl performance to about a week ago...all the "oooh, america" stuff annoyed me a lot.  Such pandering. What about the Afghanies, Iraqis and so on...guess they didn't count when Bush II was around. The   ipod (overpriced, not even on the list of best mp3 players) and blackberry sh** annpoyed me too. And Bomb was lame-o, but I like NLOTH a hell of a lot now.  So yay U2!

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »
I like Yooper was bite by the Bono love bug in and around 84, I have to say the only time I "left" the band (but I didn't really leave them, I owned the album just refused to listen to it the whole way through!) Was AB, it was that high we were on from JT and seeing the live preformance of Bad in the movie Rattle and Hum.................WHAT could be next?..........and then they did a 180 and I was stopped cold in my tracks!!!!!

I refused to listen to the album and a friend I would drive to work always teased me about what U2 songs we would hear on the way to work everyday asked one day? "why don't you ever play the new album?" my response, " I hate it! It it horrible!" He said "let's give it a listen" it took me about a year and I would say not until Pop (which I loved right away) did I go back and really "listen" to AB, of course now I consider it one of the thier greatest albums!!!

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »
No, however Aerosmith was briefly in my life my favorite band, that ended when I saw how Tom Hamilton treated the fans at one of the shows, then luckily at some point in 1996 this CD called War ended up in my hands, I listened from track 1 to track 10, got Boy after and the snowball began!

Offline caz_87

• Stateless
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After you started loving U2, have you ever found yourself not liking them as much or not loving them?

I have, i am getting through it, very tough

I am not in a U2 phase at the moment,.. just need a break from them I think. I'm discovering lots of new music, and I'd prefer to listen to that right now, I got bored with No Line after a week.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »
Prior to Achtung Baby, I was a minor fan who thought U2 were a bit too pompous and who took themselves waaaay too seriously.......

Then, a few years later, I heard that beginning of "Zoo Station"and was instantly addicted.

If NLOTH can't shake me, I doubt anything will.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:26:51 PM by aurabender »

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:54 AM »
Lost my way during PoP - in fact didnt even do the tour (gasp!!)

Offline u2matters

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »

agh! you missed their best tour ( IMO )

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »

agh! you missed their best tour ( IMO )

First tour I saw! When I was 14! My classmates were all listening to Korn/Marilyn Manson and I was listening to RATM(who I saw open for them) and U2. I still saw shows on Vertigo ever though the album was a little lackluster for me  ???

Got to see THE FIRST TIME though, so that made it all worth it!

Offline drummer120

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Always wear a safety belt!
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
I got into them into 2006, but between 2007-2008 I wasn't into them so much. BUT, since NLOTH I have really got back into them and have "rediscovered" all of their stuff. :)

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2018, 09:14:43 PM »
After AB which I loved, they completely slipped off my radar.  I have no idea why, it is too long ago. I guess just I got into other music and hung out with people who were more into the indie surf rock scene.  I don't think I was ever not a fan because I have always loved their early music and can still play it ad nauseum.  Not sure I am a fan of some of their later music, I am still in the process of sampling it, but that's okay, they gave me enough to consider them to always be one of my favourite bands.  I have never seen them live, the times they did make it to Australia I was just too busy and too far away from their venues.  That is a shame because they are clearly a phenomenal live band.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
Ive waned but never not been into U2. My least enthusiastic period was probably for a year or two around 2012/2013 for obvious and not so obvious reasons.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 06:17:12 AM »
No

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 01:55:03 PM »
Since 1987 I have always loved them.  There was a period in the mid 2000s where I was less feverent; I was raising very young children, one of whom was later diagnosed with autism, so I was navigating murky waters.  This distracted me from music in general.  Nevertheless, I've been able to attend all tours since Pop Mart.  I live in Los Angeles so that makes it easy.  Now that my kids are teens/tweens, and doing GREAT, I am free to listen to albums on repeat, and even bring my aforementioned son to the Rose Bowl for TJT 2017!

Offline miracle_al

• Stateless
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »
Since 1987 I have always loved them.  There was a period in the mid 2000s where I was less feverent; I was raising very young children, one of whom was later diagnosed with autism, so I was navigating murky waters.  This distracted me from music in general.  Nevertheless, I've been able to attend all tours since Pop Mart.  I live in Los Angeles so that makes it easy.  Now that my kids are teens/tweens, and doing GREAT, I am free to listen to albums on repeat, and even bring my aforementioned son to the Rose Bowl for TJT 2017!

That's awesome, GoldenStateGirl.  I also live in LA, so have been able to attend lots of U2 shows over the years.  We've probably been at some of the same concerts.  That's awesome that you were able to bring your oldest to TJT17 show.  Our oldest is only 8, so he's not quite ready yet, though he does like U2!