Author Topic: Anyone interested in a meetup at Charlottesville?  (Read 7978 times)

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
Anyone interested in a meetup at Charlottesville?
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:36:53 PM »
Anyone else going to the Charlottesville show? Since it is one of the smaller arenas (and the best IMO) AND one of the smallest cities, perhaps we should put together a meetup?

Offline aurabender

• Numb
Re: Anyone interested in a meetup at Charlottesville?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
and ... if anyone has a line on a decent hotel near the show, please share. I am not sure if here is a football game that weekend or what, but there are not many rooms available in Charlottesville for  Oct 1 .

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 12:03:46 PM »

Yes to meetup!

I've got a reservation at this hotel for the 30 Sept till 02 October. No idea where it is or what it's like mind!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
hey,  I'll be there too.  Not sure yet what hotel we're staying at either.

Offline amped4U2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 10:33:20 AM »
Actually UVA plays football at Chapel Hill that weekend. I will be at that game - then head over to Raleigh for the concert at CF Stadium - nice doubleheader...

Offline oreo1969

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »
Ill be there.  Im a huge NFL fan and cant wait for the season, but im soo much more excited about the show

Offline oreo1969

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:36 AM »
Been to Scott Stadium for DMB/Neil Young,  nice place to see a show.  Seats were on 1st level, (100s), stage was at the open end of stadium.  it appears stage will be at opposite (bowl end).  will make everyone close.  can someone confirm? they're gonna sound great either way, you know it

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
I will be there in the GA line and would love to meet other @U2ers.  My sister lives in Charlottesville, so I will be staying with her.  Charlottesville is not a long drive from small towns like Orange and Staunton, so these could be good places to look for lodging.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 02:12:31 PM »
I'll be up there for the C-ville concert; would love to meetup with some of you seasoned @U2'ers, since I'm a newbie here.   :D

I live in Roanoke which is only about an hour and 45 minute drive, so I won't be needing to find lodging.  I'm sure I'll need some coffee for the drive back, but no worries since I've done concerts there and driven back afterwards before.  If you don't have any luck on lodging in or around C-ville, Roanoke or Richmond area is always a good fall back option.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »
thanks for the tips on lodging efdeat and luckado! I still don't see how they are going to fit THAT stage into THAT stadium. It should be quit a site to behold.

wait a sec! Lets all just stay a efdeat's sister's house!?!?! ;D ;D

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:26:25 AM »
thanks for the tips on lodging efdeat and luckado! I still don't see how they are going to fit THAT stage into THAT stadium. It should be quit a site to behold.

I can ask her if she knows friends who would be willing to host folks!  I wish we could all stay together.  Maybe if we managed to convince Bono to come over afterwards her roommates would be ok with it.  LOL.  ;)

hurricane hugo

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:41 AM »

I can ask her if she knows friends who would be willing to host folks!  I wish we could all stay together.  Maybe if we managed to convince Bono to come over afterwards her roommates would be ok with it.  LOL.  ;)

willing to host? why not charge $50/person? there's websites that arrange this sort of thing.

#@!

countrygirl

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 01:35:31 PM »

Yes to meetup!

I've got a reservation at this hotel for the 30 Sept till 02 October. No idea where it is or what it's like mind!

There are still rooms available here, i just checked.  My husband and I are thinking about going to D.C. either the day after the concert or the day before, so I'm not sure yet what city we'll be staying in.

Offline SheEdge

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »
Hey guys... did any of you get an e-mail from Scott Stadium saying that parking passes for the show are going on sale tomorrow?  I don't know what to do though, because the e-mail also says that the lots won't open up till 5 pm, and I was hoping to get into the GA queue way before that.  Also, it says parking passes are $18-$90!  Is that normal?? 
Hmm.  Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »
I just posted the same question over in the Tours section.  I also received that email this afternoon.  Since this is my first U2 concert, I'm also wondering if this is the best option, or if there are any other options available, not to mention getting there earlier than 5PM!!!!

This is what the email says:

RESERVED PARKING PASSES FOR U2 360 TOUR AT SCOTT STADIUM
On-sale at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

As a ticket-holder for the October 1, 2009 U2 360 Tour performance at Scott Stadium, you have an exclusive opportunity to purchase reserved parking in advance of the general public.

Parking lots range in price from $18 to $29 per space.  Inventory is limited so get your parking pass today!

Click Here to Purchase Your Parking Pass

Additional Information:

Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login after September 15th for complete parking directions and information.
There is a limit of two (2) parking passes per transaction.
Parking passes will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis within each lot or area, pending availability.
Specific spaces within lots may not be required or reserved.
When parking, adjacent spaces may not be reserved.  Tailgating is not permitted.
The parking lots will open at 5:00pm on the day of the event and must be vacated immediately following the event.
The Black and Green lots are approximately a 20 minute walk to the stadium so please plan accordingly.
Shuttles from the parking lots to the stadium are not available.