Author Topic: Anyone interested in a meetup at Charlottesville?  (Read 8016 times)

Offline SheEdge

• Wanderer
Re: Anyone interested in a meetup at Charlottesville?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »
It's my first U2 concert too Luckado.  I talked to my mom about it, and she thinks my uncle might know some people in Charlottesville that would let us (mom and I) park at their place.  Waiting till 5 to queue/park is not even an option, because we have check out of our hotel by mid-morning.
Maybe the parking pass is a better option for people who have actual seats and who are coming later? 

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 08:49:02 AM »
Posted this in my other Tours posting...

Well I went ahead and purchased a Blue Lot parking pass at $18.00.  Seemed to be the cheapest, yet closest lot from the choices listed.  The Blue Lot is only about a mile walk from the stadium, where the other lots/garages were at least 1.5 miles or more.  The Red Lot is right next to the stadium, but costs $29.00.  I'm pinching my pennies right now so an extra $10 to be next to the stadium wasn't a luxury I can afford right now.  Not to mention all the traffic that will be right around the stadium, so I'm hoping that the Blue Lot will be a little easier to get out of after the concert.

My concern is that the time on these passes state that they won't open until 5:00 PM...  How am I going to be able to queue up in the GA line that morning if I can't park in that lot until 5:00 PM???   A conundrum...   ???

My only idea is to park somewhere else that morning and get in line (like a restaurant or something), then at 5:00 PM go out of line while the person that goes with me staying in line to hold my place so I can move my car to the Blue Lot.

Offline SheEdge

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »
Well, I caved and bought a pass for the red lot.  With all the money I've already spent for this adventure, I guess $30 is not that much more.   :-\  I guess we'll all be in the same boat with the 5 pm thing and can figure it out later.

countrygirl

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »
I got that e-mail too. Not sure what to do, but where else can you park? I have seats so I don't need to get there as early as you guys do.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 05:55:09 PM »
I ended up getting orange lot, because I waited a few days and the red lot was full.  Hopefully it will help me avoid adding a 1/2 hour on the trip home,as I am driving back that night (no hotel stay with a 2.5 hour drive).

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 06:32:06 AM »
For those of you in GA: there is a lot within walking distance of Scott Stadium called the North Grounds parking lot/garage.  You have to pay to park there, but you can park there before 5:00. 

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
there is a lot of residential housing in the area from what I understand, and many will be renting out there front yard for parking. Be careful with these reserved parking spaces that do not open till 5 if you are planning on waiting in line. Being on campus, you are technically not allowed to park till 5 PM.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »
if anyone is still looking for rooms. Try the Staunton area. Both the Hampton and The Holiday Inn have some rooms left and if you call by phones they have some good deals.

Offline courtmanno

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
If anyone is interested, James River Bus lines is doing a U2 shuttle from Williamsburg then Richmond to the U2 show in Charlottesville. The cost is $38 round trip, which is not too bad. Here is the info You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline aurabender

• Numb
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
Here is some parking $10 parking I found on Craig's list. I called the number and there are still spaces left.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Boy, 7 days! If I make the 7 hour drive, and make it to the hotel, and then find my parking space, and then get to the concert...I hope to see some of you there! Lol!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
PM me if you want to meet, Charlottesville folks, and we can exchange email addresses/cell numbers/etc.  Only a week away - woo hoo!

Offline js24401

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 10:23:26 AM »
also there are hotels just 25 miles away in the waynesboro staunton area....does anyone know if tailgating will be permitted in fontaine research park? that is a huge tailgate area for football...i tailgated there for the stones concert and hoping to do the same thursday...

Offline aurabender

• Numb
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
Driving up from Kentucky, I will be lucky to get to Charlottesville by 6 PM. Still it would be nice to stumble upon some of you fellow crazies!

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
does anyone know if tailgating will be permitted in fontaine research park? that is a huge tailgate area for football...i tailgated there for the stones concert and hoping to do the same thursday...

I have a Blue lot parking pass which is the lot on Fontaine... if that's the research park, then that is the lot that won't open until 5:00PM, and my pass says "Tailgating is not permitted." really big on the back.  In fact, it's the only thing on the whole pass that is printed in all capital letters, so I'm guessing that they will be enforcing that rule for sure.