Author Topic: The Pearl Jam Appreciation Thread  (Read 8534 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
Re: The Pearl Jam Appreciation Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tickets for the Wrigley show go on sale next Saturday. Going to try my hardest to get tickets

Good luck!

Offline mdmomof7

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know A body in a soul
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
Pearl Jam gives the nod to U2...

Offline hrsan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2013, 11:21:34 AM »
In the 90s, I all but stopped listening to music and going to concerts.  It wasn't until I saw Pearl Jam in 98 that revitalized music for me.    Despite having lawn seats and basically paid to see a TV screen, that was one of the top 5 concerts I had ever seen.   I quickly bought all the Pearl Jam albums I didn't have up to that point and they're one of the few acts I buy all of their albums to date.   

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:02 PM »
In the 90s, I all but stopped listening to music and going to concerts.  It wasn't until I saw Pearl Jam in 98 that revitalized music for me.    Despite having lawn seats and basically paid to see a TV screen, that was one of the top 5 concerts I had ever seen.   I quickly bought all the Pearl Jam albums I didn't have up to that point and they're one of the few acts I buy all of their albums to date.   

exactly. Yield was the first PJ album i bought day-of-release and was the height of my PJ fandom. Despite the gut punch that Binaural-RA-Self-Titled were, the 03 show <the first time i saw em> was AMAZING! That's saying alot since i only remember the song Rival, from the Riot Act album.

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »
The Yield show I saw in '98 is one of the very best concerts I've seen in my life. I remember it was a hot summer night and they were unbelievable. Saw them again in the early 2000's and it wasn't nearly as good.

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
The Yield show I saw in '98 is one of the very best concerts I've seen in my life. I remember it was a hot summer night and they were unbelievable. Saw them again in the early 2000's and it wasn't nearly as good.

SHUT.UP.

i waited in line, bought 1 ticket, was going to ride up with my moms friend who was going also <i was 16 and didn't have a car, my parents werent gonna lend me theres or drive me and pick me up later...> and she backed out on driving me. i didn't get to go. for the life of me i can't remember what i did with the ticket if i sold it or just threw it away.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »
I bought Backspacer day of release. ;D

I hope that when the next tour happens, they come to Pittsburgh. They skipped us on the Backspacer tour.

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
I bought Backspacer day of release. ;D

I hope that when the next tour happens, they come to Pittsburgh. They skipped us on the Backspacer tour.

Got yield day of release. Binaural as a Hs graduation gift in 00. Riot act as a bday gift right after it came out. Didn't touch or think about them for years after that album. Heard about the greatness of backspacer and got it, feel in love again, then I bought lost dogs and self titled. Then the deluxes came out and I got those day of release. I see a local pj tribute band too. They're good

Offline Party Marty

• Desert Rose
  • l-/
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2013, 08:07:10 PM »
I watched PJ20 tonight and that made me love the band even more. I wish I could go to their summer Wrigley show, but since I'm broke, it looks like I'll have to wait for a while

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2013, 09:46:35 PM »
I watched PJ20 tonight and that made me love the band even more. I wish I could go to their summer Wrigley show, but since I'm broke, it looks like I'll have to wait for a while

so....whats the deal with this show? i'm hearing alot about it. it's just a "stand alone" concert or a festival appearance, right?

and yes, the PJ20 doc <in conjunction with the AWESOMENESS of Backspacer> reignited my love for all things PJ
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:48:30 PM by @lmighty DS »

Offline Party Marty

• Desert Rose
  • l-/
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »

so....whats the deal with this show? i'm hearing alot about it. it's just a "stand alone" concert or a festival appearance, right?

and yes, the PJ20 doc <in conjunction with the AWESOMENESS of Backspacer> reignited my love for all things PJ

It's just a stand alone show i'm pretty sure, and they're playing in Canada a few days before or after, don't remember which. But there's apparently a new album coming out by the end of the year, so this might be sort of a warmup show for the world tour.

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 05:53:57 PM »
i'm out of the loop when it comes to really following PJ. has there been ANY word on the No Code and Yield DE's? Didn't the Vs/Vita. ones come out in 2011? or was it 2010?

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
some kind of big announcement coming tomorrow:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »
I smell a new album. I hope they come to Pittsburgh on their next tour. They haven't been here since 2006.