Author Topic: Raleigh Pre-concert Activities  (Read 4549 times)

Offline amped4U2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Raleigh Pre-concert Activities
« on: June 18, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
Where is a good Irish Pub near Carter-Finley? Or where is everyone going to get together?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:14:45 PM by amped4U2 »

Offline irishru2

• Babyface
  • That's someone's stuff they're blowing up...
Re: Raleigh Pre-concert Activities
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
No Irish pubs in the immediate neighborhood (stadium is on the outskirts of town), but there are three good ones in downtown Raleigh, about 4 miles from the stadium.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Napper Tandys Irish Pub‎ - 126 N West St, Raleigh, NC‎ - (919) 833-5535‎

Hibernian Pub‎ - 311 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC‎ - (919) 833-2258‎

Tir na nOg‎ - 218 S. Blount St., Raleigh, NC‎ - (919) 833-7795‎

And don't forget that the U2 conference will be going on in Durham that weekend...

Offline a Name for a Girl

• Precious Stone
  • mild and green and squeaky-clean
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:31:10 AM »
I'll be in the GA line all day . . .

Offline amped4U2

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »
if you are going to be in the GA Line all day - want to make some $$ by saving my spot?

nolinehumper69

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:44:51 PM »
Where is a good Irish Pub near Carter-Finley? Or where is everyone going to get together?

Tir na Nog is the best bet.

If I were you I wouldn't venture 2 far. Carter Finley and the RBC area are known for traffic back-ups. Try tailgating instead.

Offline amped4U2

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 06:58:56 AM »
Great U2 cover band playing downtown before the 3 days before the show in Raleigh

Offline loki

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 06:48:05 PM »
Hey everyone.  Can't wait to see U2.  They cancelled their show here during the Pop tour.  I've saw them in Dublin for this tour.  The shows were great.

Vertigo, great U2 tribute band, is playing a U2 Pre-Concert party at this great Irish pub in Raleigh.  The name of the pub is Trali, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  I go there a lot.  It's a great place.  It's a real Irish pub.  The flyer's in the pub say they're having some huge outdoor tent for the Vertigo show and they're giving away U2 tickets.  I am meeting up with some other local U2 fans.  It's also not too far from Durham for the conference and not too far from Carter Finley.

Message me if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Cheers

Offline Vincent

• Wanderer
  • I Found The Sound That Drowns Out The World
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »
Vertigo, great U2 tribute band, is playing a U2 Pre-Concert party at this great Irish pub in Raleigh.  The name of the pub is Trali, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Cheers

Have seen VertigoUSA TWICE this year both in Fisher's Indiana & both times they were FANTASTIC! I won't be arriving in Raleigh until Saturday afternoon driving in from the Virginia show but if anyone is considering going and can DO !!!!! Great Tribute Band

Offline Vincent

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »
I'll be in the GA line all day . . .

I am surely not trying to tell you nor anyone what to do but my wife & I walked into GA/FLOOR for Opening Night in ChiCLAWgo & were inside circle/pit six rows back Adam's side

You may be alot younger than I & wanna have the all day GA experience :-\

Offline irishru2

• Babyface
  • That's someone's stuff they're blowing up...
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »
I am surely not trying to tell you nor anyone what to do but my wife & I walked into GA/FLOOR for Opening Night in ChiCLAWgo & were inside circle/pit six rows back Adam's side

Good to know, Vincent.  What time did you line up outside?  (Or did you get there after the line already went in?)

Offline slaventure

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 11:05:11 AM »
Doing GA with my 15-year old son, 63-year old friend, and 21-year-old favorite-student-ever.  What time should we get there?  Where should we park?  Inner circle or outer rail?  Any advice is appreciated.  I've only done GA once before (in Charlotte, last tour).  It was awesome!  Saw them at first Croke Park show in July.  Want to be CLOSE this time!

Offline Vincent

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »

Good to know, Vincent.  What time did you line up outside?  (Or did you get there after the line already went in?)

We had ZERO wait time & I am dead serious the longest part of getting into Soldier's Field was about 30 Seconds for the person to clamp my green GA thing around my wrist.......

Offline Vincent

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »
Doing GA with my 15-year old son, 63-year old friend, and 21-year-old favorite-student-ever.  What time should we get there?  Where should we park?  Inner circle or outer rail?  Any advice is appreciated.  I've only done GA once before (in Charlotte, last tour).  It was awesome!  Saw them at first Croke Park show in July.  Want to be CLOSE this time!

Ok tomorrow will be my fourth & final show of this Leg :-\ & for two outta the four I have had GA here is my advice

1. REST as much as you can tomorrow & I repeat REST especially your feet don't make the same mistake my wife & I did for Opening Night in Chicago ..... we walked a tad OVER two hours from downtown Chicago to Soldier's Field THEN stood in GA from approximately 6p.m. until the end of the show..... my heels felt like someone was sticking a Rambo Knife into them by about 8p.m.

2. Ok now if you want to be CLOSE my suggestion is get to the stadium NLT 5p.m. now parking I have no idea as I have never been to CFS but once you get parked casually get to the GA Area once you get in there if you want to be inner circle/pit close go to the Gates on either Adam or Edge's Side I would definitely suggest Edge's Side & ask Security if you can get into the inner pit/circle to which they should say "Yes..." you go through the gates to around the back of The Claw which leads U2 the inner circle/pit ...... now you said a 63 y/o is going w/ you.... unless they are HARDCORE this area may be a bit much for them but I would have no idea..... be forewarned it is normally cramped in there if you still want CLOSE but not have to be real real close the best spot IMO is Outside Rail Front Row normally right against Security Gate Edge's Side just a TAD to the right of the leg of The CLAW !